Greig Connell Memorial Scholarship
Greig Connell completed his Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering at Swinburne University in 1974. He then went on to work with Exxon Mobil prior to moving into Engineering Recruitment.
Greig was a director with Australia Wide and was one of the leaders of engineering recruitment in Australia for many years. He was particularly known as the go-to person in automotive recruitment. He was passionate about recruitment and this was evident in his relationships with candidates and clients where he had a high level of credibility. He placed thousands of engineers into roles over 33 years with Australia Wide.
Sadly Greig passed away on 30th August 2020 but his legacy will continue with this scholarship which supports a female engineering student in their 2nd or 3rd year of study.
The successful scholar will also be offered an opportunity with Australia Wide to work with a senior consultant to assist them to achieve job readiness.
The following Bachelor of Engineering courses offered by Swinburne University of Technology:
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) (Professional)
Preference will be given to applicants studying a major in Mechanical Engineering.
Eligibility / selection criteria
To be eligible for the Greig Connell Memorial Scholarship, applicants must:
- Meet the following criteria:
- female student
- Australian or New Zealand citizen, Australian Permanent Resident or International student
- Meet the following enrolment criteria:
- be a continuing second or third year Swinburne student in Semester 1, 2024
- enrolled full-time in an eligible course (see courses eligible in section above)
- May have experienced personal or financial hardship, which may have hindered access to education
- Submit a personal statement (500 words) describing your passion for your field of study
This scholarship is valued at $5,000 for one year only.
The successful scholar will be offered an opportunity with Australia Wide to work with a senior consultant to assist them to achieve job readiness.
How to apply
Applicants should complete an online application form and submit with all supporting documentation by 31 March 2024.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. For assistance when completing your application, please view the Scholarship Application Help Guide.
All scholarships offered by Swinburne are governed a set of conditions. Please visit our Scholarship Conditions page for further information.
Fees and Scholarships Team, Student Administration and Library Services