The Ju-Fen Scholarship has been established to honour the legacy and creativity of Fang Jufen, one of the main founders of children's drama in New China and honorary Director of China Children's Art Theatre. She played major roles in classic children's dramas such as "Ma Lanhua", "In the Name of Revolution" and "Newsboy".
This scholarship supports and encourages a second or third year Bachelor of Film and Television student from a diverse cultural background, who has experienced financial hardship.
An undergraduate degree offered by Swinburne University of Technology in Film and Television:
- Bachelor of Film and Television
- Bachelor of Film and Television (Honours)
Eligibility / selection criteria
To be eligible for the Ju-Fen Scholarship, applicants must:
- Meet the following criteria:
- Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or New Zealand citizen
- International student
- Meet the following enrolment criteria:
- be a second or third year Swinburne student in Semester 1, 2023
- enrolled full time in an eligible course (see courses eligible in section above)
- Provide evidence of diverse cultural background. This may include:
- not born in Australia
- parents not born in Australia
- English not the primary language at home
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander
- Refugee or Asylum Seeker
- Submit a personal statement (500 words) addressing the following:
- describe talent, flair and passion for film and television
- Provide evidence of financial disadvantage:
- Centrelink statement
The scholarship is valued at $5,000 for one year only.
How to apply
Applicants should complete an online application form and submit with all supporting documentation by 31 March 2023. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
For assistance when completing your application, please view the Scholarship Application Help Guide.
All scholarships offered by Swinburne are governed a set of conditions. Please visit our Scholarship Conditions page for further information.
Fees and Scholarships Team, Student Administration and Library Services