Access Scholarship for Refugees
All Access Scholarships are partly funded by the Federal Department of Education’s Higher Education Participation Programme (HEPPP). HEPPP aims to ensure that Australians from low SES backgrounds who have the ability to study at university get the opportunity to do so. Students offered an Access Scholarship may undertake any undergraduate degree course at Swinburne.
Any undergraduate course offered by Swinburne University of Technology.
Eligibility / selection criteria
To be eligible for the Access Scholarship for Refugees, applicants must:
- Meet the following criteria:
- a current or previous permanent humanitarian visa holder
- Meet the following enrolment criteria:
- be a commencing Swinburne student in Semester 1, 2024
- enrolled full-time in an eligible course (see courses eligible in section above)
- Provide evidence of financial harship. Documents such as:
- centrelink statement
- bank statements (can be used if an explanation is provided in a personal statement)
- Demonstrate social disadvantage (Low-socio economic status)
Please note: Previous recipients of any type of Swinburne University ACCESS (Equity) Scholarship are not eligible to apply for any other Swinburne University ACCESS (Equity) Scholarship.
This scholarship is valued at $5,000 for one year only to assist with study costs.
How to apply
Applications will re-open with the VTAC round for 2024-2025.
See the VTAC scholarships page for more information and advice.
All scholarships offered by Swinburne are governed by a set of conditions. Please visit our Scholarship Conditions page for further information.
Fees and Scholarships Team, Student Administration and Library Services