Indigenous Student Laptop Scholarship
Moondani Toombadool Centre will be supporting Indigenous undergraduate or postgraduate students with a Lenovo Notebook to assist with their course as they commence their 1st or 2nd year at Swinburne. Successful students will be awarded a Lenovo Thinkpad L390.
Undergraduate, postgraduate (coursework) or Higher Degree by Research courses offered by Swinburne University of Technology.
Eligibility / selection criteria
To be eligible for the Indigenous Student Laptop Scholarship, applicants must:
- Meet the following criteria:
- Australian citizen
- confirm they are of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander heritage:
- be of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent
- identify as an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander person
- be accepted as such by the community in which you live, or formerly lived
- Meet the following enrolment criteria:
- be a 1st or 2nd year Swinburne student in Semester 1, 2022
- enrolled full-time in an eligible course (see courses eligible in section above)
- Provide evidence of financial hardship such as:
- Health Care Card
- Youth Allowance
- Newstart Allowance
- Disability Support Pension
- Carer’s Payment
- Bank statement*
- Salary slip*
*Bank statements and salary slips submitted can only be considered if an explanation is provided in your personal statement on how these reflect financial hardship
- Submit a personal statement (300 words) addressing how this scholarship will assist you
A Lenovo Thinkpad L390 (valued at $1295). There are 10 laptops available to be awarded.
How to apply
Applicants should complete an online application form and submit with all supporting documentation. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
For assistance when completing your application, please view the Scholarship Help Guide.
All scholarships offered by Swinburne are governed by a set of conditions. Please visit our Scholarship Conditions page for further information.
Fees and Scholarships Team, Student Administration and Library Services