PAVE Indigenous Relocation Scholarship
Moondani Toombadool Centre will be supporting a PAVE Indigenous student enrolled to commence a Diploma (including Unilink) or Advanced Diploma. This scholarship aims to assist with relocation and accommodation costs.
Diploma, Advanced Diploma and Unilink Diploma courses offered by Swinburne University of Technology.
Eligibility / selection criteria
To be eligible for the PAVE Indigenous Relocation Scholarship, applicants must:
- Meet the following criteria:
- Australian citizen
- confirm they are of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander heritage:
- be of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent
- identify as an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander person
- be accepted as such by the community in which you live, or formerly lived
- Meet the following enrolment criteria:
- be a commencing Swinburne student in Semester 1, 2021
- enrolled full-time in an eligible course (see courses eligible in section above)
- Have experienced one or more of the below points, which may have hindered access to education:
- financial hardship
- personal hardship
- Australian Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander
- located in a regional, rural or remote area
- Submit a personal statement (500 words) addressing the above (#3) and:
- describe your aspirations for this course
- explain current financial circumstance and the impact this scholarship will provide
- Provide two referee reports outlining your suitability for the scholarship:
- Academic reference - from a person qualified to comment on academic studies, such as a subject coordinator, school principal, etc.
- Character reference - from a person competent to supply a character reference such as a current or past employer.
The scholarship is valued at $2500 (One-off payment). There are 5 scholarships available to be awarded.
How to apply
Applicants should complete an online application form and submit with all supporting documentation by 26 March 2021. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
For assistance when completing your application, please view the Scholarship Application Help Guide.
All scholarships offered by Swinburne are governed a set of conditions. Please visit our Scholarship Conditions page for further information.
Scholarships & Orientation, Student Administration and Library Services