Charlie Selman Sustainability Award 2022
The Charlie Selman Sustainability Award has been established to honour Charlie’s memory by supporting an outstanding final year undergraduate student who demonstrates an outstanding commitment to sustainability, including social and environmental sustainability. This award has been established as an incentive for students to be more like Charlie Selman: explorative, inventive, unabashedly creative, and dedicated.
Single or double undergraduate course offered by Swinburne University of Technology in the School of Engineering or the School of Science, Computing and Engineering Technologies.
Eligibility / selection criteria
To be eligible for the Charlie Selman Sustainability Award, applicants must:
- Be completing a final year/capstone project with a focus on environment and sustainability addressing one or more of the following areas:
- Water quality/Conservation
- Greenhouse gas emissions
- Waste management practices
- Biodiversity management
- Environmental education awareness
- Meet the following enrolment criteria:
- be a final year Swinburne student in 2022
- be completing their final year/capstone project in 2022
- enrolled full-time in an eligible course (see courses eligible in section above) at the time of completing their final year/capstone project
- studying on-campus
- Submit a short (no more than 500 words) statement and a 2-4 minute video* about their passion and commitment to sustainability and discuss their specific capstone project
*The video should be uploaded to cloud based storage (google drive/one drive/drop box) and link provided in your statement. Please ensure the file is downloadable by anyone and provide any passwords.
- Submit one referee report outlining your suitability for the award:
- Academic reference - from a person qualified to comment on academic studies, such as a subject coordinator, school principal, etc.
The scholarship is valued at $2100 (One-off payment)
How to apply
Applicants should complete an online application form and submit with all supporting documentation by 31 October 2022. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
For assistance when completing your application, please view the Scholarship Application Help Guide.
All scholarships offered by Swinburne are governed a set of conditions. Please visit our Scholarship Conditions page for further information.
Fees and Scholarships Team, Student Administration and Library Services