Pio Iovenitti Engineering Excellence Scholarship
This scholarship has been established in memory, of Associate Professor Pio Iovenitti, by his family and former colleagues to honour Pio’s great work and legacy. Pio was an important part of the Swinburne community for over 30 years, specifically in the Faculty of Engineering. During his time at Swinburne, Pio exemplified the values of the University. Hardworking, trusted and collegiate, Pio was an effective leader, a team player and a trusted mentor who was admired dearly by his students and peers, combining the qualities of humbleness, hard work, dedication and scholarship.
This scholarship aims to support a student studying in the second year of a Master of Engineering Science Degree.
Master of Engineering Science course offered by Swinburne University of Technology.
Eligibility / selection criteria
To be eligible for the The Pio Iovenitti Engineering Excellence Scholarship, applicants must:
- Meet the following criteria:
- Australian citizen, Australian Permanent Resident or International student
- Meet the following enrolment criteria:
- be a second year Swinburne student continuing in Semester 1, 2023
- enrolled full-time in the Master of Engineering Science
- studying on-campus
- have completed 100 credit points and achieved a minimum credit average from first year
- Submit a personal statement (500 words)addressing the following points:
- passion for career in chosen field
- how this scholarship would assist them to achieve their goals
The scholarship is valued at $5000 for one year only.
How to apply
Applicants should complete an online application form and submit with all supporting documentation by 31 March 2023.Incomplete applications will not be considered.
For assistance when completing your application, please view the Scholarships Application Help Guide.
All scholarships offered by Swinburne are governed a set of conditions. Please visit our Scholarship Conditions page for further information.
Fees and Scholarships Team, Student Administration and Library Services