Avanade Women in STEM Scholarship
Avanade was created in April 2000 by two industry giants, Accenture and Microsoft. Their goal: to deliver innovative services and solutions to enterprises worldwide using the Microsoft platform. Currently, Avanade provide digital solutions to businesses through consulting services, analytics and AI and cloud technology services to improve employee and customer experiences.
Avanade has a mission to enable young people (especially young women) to achieve more through the power of people and digital innovation. The STEM Scholarship invests in the future of young women and offers internships, mentoring and a support network to help recipients achieve their education and career growth.
The Avanade Women in STEM Scholarship supports female first year students studying Science, Technology, Engineering or Maths (STEM), with the aim to help alleviate the financial burden to students, so they can focus more on studies and achieve their educational goals.
The following undergraduate STEM courses offered by Swinburne University of Technology:
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) (Professional)
- Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Science (Honours)
- Bachelor of Science (Professional)
- Bachelor of Computer Science
- Bachelor of Computer Science (Honours)
- Bachelor of Computer Science (Professional)
- Bachelor of Information and Communication Technology
- Bachelor of Information and Communication Technology (Professional)
Eligibility / selection criteria
To be eligible for the Avanade Women in STEM Scholarship, applicants must:
- Meet the following criteria:
- Female student
- Australian citizen or Australian permanent resident
- Meet the following enrolment criteria:
- be a commencing Swinburne student in Semester 1, 2021
- enrolled full-time in an eligible course (see courses eligible in section above)
- studying on-campus
- Provide evidence of financial hardship. Documents such as:
- bank statement
- salary slips
- Centerlink statement
- Provide a resume or curriculum vitae (CV)
- Provide a personal statement of no more than 500 words outlining the following points:
- your passion for chosen course
- career ambitions
- how this scholarship would assist you to achieve your goals
The scholarship is valued at $5000 per year, for up to four years. There are 2 scholarships available to be awarded.
How to apply
Applications will re-open in August 2021.
All scholarships offered by Swinburne are governed by a set of conditions. Please visit our Scholarship Conditions page for further information.
Scholarships & Orientation, Student Administration and Library Services