Avanade Women in STEM Scholarship
The Avanade Women in STEM Scholarship supports female first year students studying Science, Technology, Engineering or Maths (STEM), with the aim to help alleviate the financial burden to students, so they can focus more on studies and achieve their educational goals.
The following undergraduate STEM courses offered by Swinburne University of Technology:
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) (Professional)
- Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Science (Honours)
- Bachelor of Science (Professional)
- Bachelor of Computer Science
- Bachelor of Computer Science (Honours)
- Bachelor of Computer Science (Professional)
- Bachelor of Information and Communication Technology
- Bachelor of Information and Communication Technology (Professional)
Eligibility / selection criteria
To be eligible for the Avanade Women in STEM Scholarship, applicants must:
- Meet the following criteria:
- Female student
- Australian citizen or Australian permanent resident
- Meet the following enrolment criteria:
- be a commencing Swinburne student in Semester 1, 2021
- enrolled full-time in an eligible course (see courses eligible in section above)
- studying on-campus
- Provide evidence of financial hardship. Documents such as:
- bank statement
- salary slips
- Centerlink statement
- Provide a resume or curriculum vitae (CV)
- Provide a personal statement of no more than 500 words outlining the following points:
- your passion for chosen course
- career ambitions
- how this scholarship would assist you to achieve your goals
The scholarship is valued at $5000 per year, for up to four years. There are 6 scholarships available to be awarded.
How to apply
Applicants should complete an online application form and submit with all supporting documentation by Tuesday 30 March 2021. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
For assistance when completing your application, please view the Scholarship Application Help Guide.
All scholarships offered by Swinburne are governed by a set of conditions. Please visit our Scholarship Conditions page for further information.
Scholarships & Orientation, Student Administration and Library Services