Avanade Women in STEM Scholarship
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud services, business solutions and design-led experiences on the Microsoft ecosystem. Avanade has 50,000 professionals in 26 countries - bringing bold, fresh thinking combined with technology, business, and industry expertise to make a genuine human impact for its clients and the local communities it operates in. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com, or follow Avanade on LinkedIn, Instagram (@avanadeinc) and YouTube.
Apply for Avanade’s Women in STEM Scholarship:
Avanade is offering multiple scholarships valued at $5,000 per year for female students enrolled in an eligible course at Swinburne outlined below, for the duration of their course (up to four years). Scholarship recipients will also be provided with opportunities to develop professional skills to support their chosen career through mentoring and other meaningful engagement opportunities offered by Avanade Australia.
The following undergraduate STEM courses offered by Swinburne University of Technology:
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) (Professional)
- Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Science (Honours)
- Bachelor of Science (Professional)
- Bachelor of Computer Science
- Bachelor of Computer Science (Honours)
- Bachelor of Computer Science (Professional)
- Bachelor of Information and Communication Technology
- Bachelor of Information and Communication Technology (Professional)
- Bachelor of Health Science
- Bachelor of Health Science (Professional)
- Bachelor of Psychological Sciences
- Bachelor of Psychology (Honours)
- Bachelor of Nursing
- Bachelor of Exercise and Sport Science
Eligibility / selection criteria
To be eligible for the Avanade Women in STEM Scholarship, applicants must:
- Meet the following criteria:
- Female student
- Australian citizen or Australian permanent resident
- Meet the following enrolment criteria:
- be a commencing Swinburne student in Semester 1, 2022
- enrolled full-time in an eligible course (see courses eligible in section above)
- studying on-campus
- Provide evidence of financial hardship. Documents such as:
- Centrelink statement
- Bank statements can be used if an explanation is provided in a personal statement
- Provide a resume or curriculum vitae (CV)
- Provide a personal statement of no more than 500 words outlining the following points:
- your passion for chosen course
- career ambitions
- how this scholarship would assist you to achieve your goals
The scholarship is valued at $5000 per year, for up to four years. There are two scholarships available to be awarded.
Inclusion and Diversity at Avanade:
At Avanade, we care about the people and places where we work and want to make a genuine human impact by inspiring the business and technology leaders of the future. We care about the future digital workforce, and in particular the diversity of that workforce. And we recognise the importance of attracting more young women to study science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) disciplines. That’s why we created the Avanade STEM Scholarship.
Our STEM Scholarship invests in the future of young women and offers internships, mentoring and a support network to help recipients achieve their education and career growth. We have partnerships with prestigious universities around the world — and in Australia, we are proud to have launched the Avanade Women in STEM Scholarship with Swinburne in 2020.
Learn more about Avanade’s culture of inclusion and diversity here.
How to apply
Applications are currently closed.
All scholarships offered by Swinburne are governed by a set of conditions. Please visit our Scholarship Conditions page for further information.
Fees and Scholarships Team, Student Administration and Library Services