Freemasons Foundation Victoria Scholarship
These scholarships have been made available by Freemasons Foundation Victoria.The Foundation has a proud and rich history, investing in communities. For Freemasons, greatness in life is measured by deed, character, charity and the positive effect one leaves on this world through generosity of spirit.
The scholarship provides $5,000 to one commencing student who have experienced financial disadvantage or difficulties.
Any Undergradute degree course offered by Swinburne University of Technology.
Eligibility / selection criteria
To be eligible for the Freemasons Foundation Victoria Scholarship, applicants must:
- Meet the following criteria:
- an Australian citizen or an Australian permanent resident.
- Meet the following enrolment criteria:
- be a commencing Swinburne student in Semester 1, 2022
- enrolled full-time or part-time in any Undergraduate Degree offered by Swinburne
- studying on campus or online
- Submit a personal statement (500 words) addressing the following points:
- passion for the chosen field of study
- how this scholarship would make a difference in your life
- Provide evidence of financial or personal disadvantage. Disadvantage(s) may include:
- financial difficulty or low-socio economic status (Centrelink statement, payslips. Bank statements can be used if an explanation is provided in a personal statement)
- disability or medical condition
- delay or interruption to career or studies because of family responsibilities or illness
- relocation from a rural or regional area in order to undertake tertiary study
- English as a second language
- identification as an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander
- First in family to attend university
- Provide two written referee reports outlining your suitability for the scholarship:
- an academic reference - from a person qualified to comment on academic studies, such as a subject coordinator, school principal, etc., and
- a character reference - from a person competent to supply a character reference such as a current or past employer.
This scholarship is valued at $5,000 for one year only.
How to apply
Applicants should complete an online application form and submit with all supporting documentation by 31 March 2022. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
For assistance when completing your application, please view the Scholarship Application Help Guide.
All scholarships offered by Swinburne are governed by a set of conditions. Please visit our Scholarship Conditions page for further information.
Fees and Scholarships Team, Student Administration and Library Services