brWellington Accounting Scholarship
Melbourne-based accounting and consulting agency, brWellington, has made a generous commitment of a $7,500 scholarship for a first or second year undergraduate business degree student with a major in accounting at Swinburne. The scholarship is open to full-time and part-time students.
Single or double Business undergraduate course with a major in Accounting offered by Swinburne University of Technology.
Eligibility / selection criteria
To be eligible for the The brWellington Accounting Scholarship, applicants must:
- Meet the following criteria:
- Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident or New Zealand Citizen
- Meet the following enrolment criteria:
- be a continuing Swinburne student in Semester 1, 2021
- enrolled part-time or full-time in an eligible course (see courses eligible in section above)
- be in their first or second year of study:
- First year applicants - completion of at least 50 credit points (4 units)
- Second year applicants - completion of at least 100 credit points (8 units) with no more than four exemptions
- Have achieved a distinction average in studies to date
- Submit a 500-word personal statement outlining how the scholarship will benefit you.
- Provide evidence of financial hardship. Documents such as
- bank statement
- salary slips
- Centrelink statements
- Provide evidence of current or recent involvement in community service. Such as:
- voluntary activity
- work for a charitable organisation,
- service with youth community organisations - Scouts or Girl Guides
- service through community sponsored sporting activities.
Students are expected to undertake a minimum of one months’ paid vacation work with brWellington and to be involved in brWellington’s community-based activities.
The value of the scholarship is $7,500. Payment will be made as follows:
- For students studying full-time - $3,750 per year over two years
- For students studying part-time - $1,875 per year over four years
How to apply
Applicants must complete and submit an online application form and all supporting documentation by 14 March 2021. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
For assistance when completing your application, please view the Scholarship Application Help Guide.
All scholarships offered by Swinburne are governed a set of conditions. Please visit our Scholarship Conditions page for further information.
Scholarships & Prizes, Student Administration and Library Services