brWellington Accounting Scholarship
Melbourne-based Accounting and Consulting agency, brWellington, has made a generous commitment of a $7,500 scholarship for a first or second year undergraduate Business degree student with a major in Accounting at Swinburne.
The scholarship is open to full-time and part-time students.
Single or double degree Business undergraduate course with a major in Accounting offered by Swinburne University of Technology.
Eligibility / selection criteria
To be eligible for the The brWellington Accounting Scholarship, applicants must:
- Meet the following criteria:
- Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident or New Zealand Citizen
- Meet the following enrolment criteria:
- be a continuing Swinburne student in Semester 1, 2022
- enrolled part-time or full-time in an eligible course (see courses eligible in section above)
- be in their first or second year of study:
- First year applicants - completion of at least 50 credit points (4 units)
- Second year applicants - completion of at least 100 credit points (8 units) with no more than four exemptions
- Have achieved a distinction average in studies to date
- Submit a 500-word personal statement outlining how the scholarship will benefit you.
- Provide evidence of financial hardship. Documents such as
- bank statement
- salary slips
- Centrelink statements
- Provide evidence of current or recent involvement in community service. Such as:
- voluntary activity
- work for a charitable organisation,
- service with youth community organisations - Scouts or Girl Guides
- service through community sponsored sporting activities.
Students are expected to undertake a minimum of one months’ paid vacation work with brWellington and to be involved in brWellington’s community-based activities.
The value of the scholarship is $7,500. Payment will be made as follows:
- For students studying full-time - $3,750 per year over two years
- For students studying part-time - $1,875 per year over four years
How to apply
Applications are currently closed and will re-open in August 2022.
All scholarships offered by Swinburne are governed by a set of conditions. Please visit our Scholarship Conditions page for further information.
Fees and Scholarships Team, Student Administration and Library Services