Sir Reginald Ansett Scholarship - Business
Sir Reginald Ansett gained qualifications as a knitting-machine mechanic at Swinburne (then Swinburne Technical College) in the early 1920s.
The R.M. Ansett Trust was established through Sir Reginald Ansett's will in which he expressed his wish that the income from his charitable trust be used to assist young people to "take their place in life".
The scholarship provides monetary support to students commencing full time in an Undergraduate Business Degree to help ease some of their financial burden.
Single or double undergraduate Business course offered by Swinburne University of Technology.
Eligibility / selection criteria
To be eligible for the Sir Reginald Ansett Scholarship - Business, applicants must:
- Meet the following criteria:
- an Australian citizen, Australian Permanent Resident or Australian Permanent Resident with Humanitarian Visa
- Meet the following enrolment criteria:
- be a commencing Swinburne student in Semester 1, 2022
- enrolled full-time in an eligible course (see courses eligible in section above)
- studying on campus
- Provide ATAR certificate or academic transcript of previous study
- Provide a personal statement (500 words) demonstrating a passion for a career in your chosen field including:
- summary of what you are studying
- how this scholarship will make a difference in your life
- Provide evidence of financial and/or personal disadvantage
- Provide two written references outlining your suitability for the scholarship
- an Academic reference - from a person qualified to comment on academic studies, such as a subject coordinator, school principal, etc.
- a Character reference - from a person competent to supply a character reference such as a current or past employer.
This scholarship is valued at $2,500 per year, for up to three years.
How to apply
Applicants should complete an online application form and submit with all supporting documentation by 31 March 2022. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
For assistance when completing your application, please view the Scholarship Application Help Guide.
All scholarships offered by Swinburne are governed by a set of conditions. Please visit our Scholarship Conditions page for further information.
Fees and Scholarships Team, Student Administration and Library Services