Sir Reginald Ansett Scholarship - Business
Sir Reginald Ansett gained qualifications as a knitting-machine mechanic at Swinburne (then Swinburne Technical College) in the early 1920s.
The R.M. Ansett Trust was established through Sir Reginald Ansett's will in which he expressed his wish that the income from his charitable trust be used to assist young people to "take their place in life".
The scholarship provides monetary support to students commencing full time in an Undergraduate Business Degree to help ease some of their financial burden.
Single or double Business undergraduate degrees
Eligibility / selection criteria
To be eligible, applicants must:
- be an Australian citizen, Australian Permanent Resident or Australian Permanent Resident with Humanitarian Visa
- be a commencing student studying on campus full-time in a Business degree at Swinburne in Semester 1, 2020
- Provide evidence for the following:
- ATAR or equivalent previous study
- Provide evidence that demonstrate financial and/or personal disadvantage
- Provide a personal statement (500 words or less) demonstrating a passion for a career in your chosen field including:
- summary of what you are studying
- how this scholarship will make a difference in your life
- Provide two referee reports outlining your suitability for the scholarship
- an academic reference - from a person qualified to comment on academic studies, such as a subject coordinator, school principal, etc.
- a character reference - from a person competent to supply a character reference such as a current or past employer.
This scholarship is valued at $2,500 per year up to a maximum period of three years (total of $7,500).
How to apply
Applications will re-open in August 2020.
All scholarships offered by Swinburne are governed by a set of conditions. Please visit our Scholarship Conditions page for further information.
Scholarships & Orientation, Student Administration and Library Services