The Professor Brad Dunstan Scholarship
The Professor Brad Dunstan Scholarship is named in memory of Brad Dunstan. Professor Dunstan was a colleague and friend to many Swinburne staff, while also being a strong supporter of Swinburne’s Product Design Engineering (PDE) program.
Professor Dunstan’s work with Multimatic Engineering Australia played an instrumental role in helping Swinburne set up Australia’s first Industry 4.0 Testlab, which along with his other accomplishments, make a great impact in the Victorian manufacturing community.
The objective of this scholarship is to support students who are studying a Bachelor of Design or Bachelor of Engineering and are interested in one or more of the following areas;
- Novel automotive parts and applications
- Innovation in manufacturing and/or
- Use of novel materials
Multimatic Engineering Australia's goal is to encourage innovation in product design and engineering in Swinburne students.
Bachelor of Design or Bachelor of Engineering
Eligibility / selection criteria
- be a current student studying full time in their third year of the Bachelor of Design, or fourth year in the Bachelor of Engineering at Swinburne in the year the scholarship is awarded
- have achieved a distinction average for their previous year of study
Submit a personal statement of no more than 500 words addressing:
- Passion for a career in their chosen field of study
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organisational skills
- Leadership qualities
- Active involvement to local community or extra- curricular activities
This scholarship is valued at $7,500 for one year only.
A further $2,500 will be awarded to the student as a stipend if they choose to complete an internship with Multimatic Engineering Australia. The timing and length of the internship will be agreed between the student and Multimatic Engineering Australia.
How to apply
Applications will re-open August 2020.
All scholarships offered by Swinburne are governed by a set of conditions. Please visit our Scholarship Conditions page for further information.
Scholarships and Orientation, Student Administration and Library Services