carsales Foundation - Women in IT Scholarship
The carsales Foundation Scholarship is focused on encouraging women to undertake a career in the technology industry. This scholarship provides $7,500 to support a female student with demonstrated academic ability and desire to undertake undergraduate studies in the field of Computer Science and Information Technology. The carsales Foundation also offer a paid internship during the course of study to the recipient.
Students commencing in a single or double degree in Computer Science and Information Technology
Eligibility / selection criteria
To be eligible, applicants must:
- be an Australian citizen, New Zealand citizen; or an Australian permanent resident.
- be a female student commencing full time in a single/double degree in Computer Science/Information Technology in Semester 1 2020
- provide proof of achieved ATAR of 80.00 or above.
- provide a personal statement of no more than 500 words outlining passion for Information Technology and/or Computer Science.
- provide one character reference from a person competent to supply a character reference such as a current or past employer outlining your leadership qualities to support your application:
- please include the title/position of your referee.
- referee reports cannot be written by someone related to you. The referee must state relationship to you.
The scholarship is valued at $7,500 a year for up to 4 years.
How to apply
Applicants must complete an online application form and submit with all supporting documentation by Friday 31 January 2020.
All scholarships offered by Swinburne are governed by a set of conditions. Please visit our Scholarship Conditions page for further information.
Scholarships & Orientation, Student Administration and Library Services