carsales Foundation - Women in IT Scholarship
The carsales Foundation Scholarship is focused on encouraging women to undertake a career in the technology industry. This scholarship provides $7,500 to support a female student with demonstrated academic ability and desire to undertake undergraduate studies in the field of Computer Science and Information Technology. The carsales Foundation also offer a paid internship during the course of study to the recipient.
Single or double degree in Computer Science and Information Technology offered by Swinburne.
Eligibility / selection criteria
To be eligible for the carsales Foundation - Women in IT Scholarship, applicants must:
- Meet the following criteria:
- female student
- Australian citizen, New Zealand citizen; or an Australian permanent resident
- Meet the following enrolment criteria:
- be a commencing Swinburne student in Semester 1, 2021
- enrolled full-time in an eligible course (see courses eligible in section above)
- studying on-campus
- Achieved ATAR of 80.00 or above and provide evidence
- Submit a personal statement (500 words) outlining passion for Information Technology and/or Computer Science.
- Provide one character reference from a person competent to supply a character reference such as a current or past employer outlining your leadership qualities to support your application:
- please include the title/position of your referee.
- referee reports cannot be written by someone related to you. The referee must state relationship to you.
The scholarship is valued at $7,500 a year for up to 4 years.
How to apply
Applications will re-open in August 2020.
All scholarships offered by Swinburne are governed by a set of conditions. Please visit our Scholarship Conditions page for further information.
Scholarships & Orientation, Student Administration and Library Services