carsales Foundation Women in STEM Scholarship
Established by the online automotive business carsales.com Limited, the carsales Foundation is a charitable fund, which supports education of the next generation to help address the inequalities that remain in the technology industry.
The carsales Foundation Scholarship is focused on encouraging women to undertake a career in the technology industry. This scholarship provides $7,500 to support a female student with demonstrated academic ability and desire to undertake undergraduate studies in the field of Computer Science and Information Technology.
The following undergraduate courses (either single or double degree) offered by Swinburne University of Technology:
- Bachelor of Computer Science
- Bachelor of Computer Science (Honours)
- Bachelor of Computer Science (Professional)
- Bachelor of Information and Communication Technology
- Bachelor of Information and Communication Technology (Professional)
- Bachelor of Business Information Technology (Professional)
Eligibility / selection criteria
To be eligible for the carsales Foundation - Women in IT Scholarship, applicants must:
- Meet the following criteria:
- identifies as female
- Australian citizen, New Zealand citizen; or an Australian permanent resident
- Meet the following enrolment criteria:
- be a commencing first year Swinburne student in Semester 1, 2023
- enrolled full-time in an eligible course (see courses eligible in section above)
- studying on-campus
- Submit a personal statement (500 words) addressing the following:
- the passion for your chosen course or career in chosen field or study
- how this scholarship would assist you to achieve your aspirations
- Provide evidence of financial disadvantage:
- Centrelink statement
- Provide a resume or curriculum vitae (CV)
The scholarship is valued at $7,500 a year for up to 4 years.
How to apply
Applications will re-open soon.
All scholarships offered by Swinburne are governed by a set of conditions. Please visit our Scholarship Conditions page for further information.
Fees and Scholarships Team, Student Administration and Library Services