Claire Sorati Scholarship for Women
The Claire Sorati Scholarship aims to support female students from disadvantaged backgrounds to undertake tertiary education in engineering, information and communication technologies or science.
Undergraduate degree in engineering, information and communication technologies or science
Eligibility / selection criteria
- be an Australian citizen, an Australian permanent resident
- be a female commencing full-time in an on-campus single or double undergraduate degree course in engineering, information and communication technologies or science in Swinburne in Semester 1, 2018
- provide evidence of having attended a government secondary school prior to commencing at Swinburne.
- provide evidence of financial need and/or educational disadvantage. Disadvantage may include:
- financial difficulty or low income
- disability or medical condition
- delay or interruption to career or studies because of family responsibilities or illness
- relocation from a rural or regional area in order to undertake tertiary study
- English as a second language
- identification as an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander
- rural and regional students who have relocated
- provide ATAR or previous academic records
- provide a personal Statement of 500 words or less describing educational disadvantage, sound academic ability, career aspirations and a strong potential to complete the degree within minimum time.
The scholarship is valued at $8000 a year for up to 4 years.
For scholarship holders who proceed to a fifth (5th) year of study, they will be required to apply for a fifth (5th) year scholarship extension indicating their results to date, current financial circumstances, career aspirations, and include a reference from one of their lecturers or tutors.
How to apply
Applicants must complete and submit an online application form and all supporting documentation by Thursday 12 April 2018.
Scholarships and Prizes