Laptop grants - MacBook Pro
This grant entitles you to a MacBook Pro 13-inch 16GB laptop plus a laptop sleeve, valued at over $2,874. These grants are funded by the Australian Government’s Higher Education Participation and Partnership Program.
Available to students studying any course at an undergraduate associate degree or UniLink level.
Eligibility / selection criteria
To be eligible you must meet all the following criteria:
- a local student (Australian citizen/permanent resident/permanent humanitarian visa holder/New Zealand citizen);
- enrolled in an undergraduate, associate degree course or UniLink course at Swinburne;
- enrolled full time (exceptional circumstances for studying part-time will be considered), and actively studying in the course this Semester/Term/HE Block;
- at time of applying for this grant you must have a minimum of 12 months (or equivalent) of full time study remaining to complete the course (except if enrolled in Unilink);
- demonstrate you are from a low socio-economic background (e.g. you or your parents are in receipt of or eligible for Centrelink payments) or from a regional/remote background or Indigenous;
- experiencing significant financial hardship and struggling to meet basic living costs;
- enrolled in a course in which the use of a Mac computer is a core requirement (e.g: design, film, television, multimedia, games and animation).
Previous recipients of this grant or Lenovo laptop grant are ineligible to apply for it again, or if you received a Student Equity grant or scholarship in Semester 1, 2022.
If you are a Swinburne Online or Open Universities Australia student, you can apply if you are on a Commonwealth Supported Place and meet the above criteria.
Please note: Many financially disadvantaged students apply and there is no guarantee that you will be successful and so you cannot rely on receiving this grant/scholarship.
Multiple grants are available.
How to apply
This grant is no longer being offered by Swinburne Student Equity. It has been replaced by the Study and Living Support Grant.
Equity Project Officer