Laptop grants - MacBook Pro
This grant entitles you to a MacBook Pro 13-inch 16GB laptop plus a laptop sleeve, valued at over $2,874. These grants are funded by the Australian Government’s Higher Education Participation and Partnership Program.
Available to students studying any course at an undergraduate associate degree or UniLink level.
Eligibility / selection criteria
To be eligible you must meet all the following criteria:
- a local student (Australian citizen/permanent resident/permanent humanitarian visa holder/New Zealand citizen);
- enrolled in an undergraduate, associate degree course or UniLink course at Swinburne;
- enrolled full time (exceptional circumstances for studying part-time will be considered), and actively studying in the course this Semester/Term/HE Block;
- at time of applying for this grant you must have a minimum of 12 months (or equivalent) of full time study remaining to complete the course (except if enrolled in Unilink);
- demonstrate you are from a low socio-economic background (e.g. you or your parents are in receipt of or eligible for Centrelink payments) or from a regional/remote background or Indigenous;
- experiencing significant financial hardship and struggling to meet basic living costs;
- enrolled in a course in which the use of a Mac computer is a core requirement (e.g: design, film, television, multimedia, games and animation).
Previous recipients of this grant or Lenovo laptop grant are ineligible to apply for it again, or if you received a Student Equity grant or scholarship in Semester 1, 2022.
If you are a Swinburne Online or Open Universities Australia student, you can apply if you are on a Commonwealth Supported Place and meet the above criteria.
Please note: Many financially disadvantaged students apply and there is no guarantee that you will be successful and so you cannot rely on receiving this grant/scholarship.
Multiple grants are available.
How to apply
Applications will re-open at the start of Semester 1, 2023.
Equity Project Officer