Public transport grants (one year of travel)
This grant entitles you to a Myki card for public transport valued at $635 (for concession travel in 2018). These grants are funded by the Australian Government’s Higher Education Participation and Partnership Program.
Available to students studying any course at an undergraduate, associate degree or UniLink level.
Eligibility / selection criteria
To be eligible you must meet all the following criteria:
- on campus local student (Australian citizen/permanent resident/permanent humanitarian Visa holder/New Zealand citizen);
- enrolled in an undergraduate degree, associate degree or UniLink level course at Swinburne;
- enrolled full time (exceptional circumstances for studying part-time will be considered);
- demonstrate that you are from a low socio-economic background (e.g. you or your parents are in receipt of or eligible for Centrelink payments);
- experiencing significant financial hardship and struggling to meet basic living costs;.
- the holder of a Low Income Health Care Card or Public Transport Victoria student concession card.
Multiple grants are available.
How to apply
Applications for the grant have closed. All applicants, whether successful or not, will be notified the outcome of their application by 30 April via their student email account.
All successful applicants will be required to sign a Conditions of Receipt form.
Equity Project Officer