Public transport grant (one year of travel)
This grant entitles you to a Myki card for public transport valued at $628 (for one year of concession travel). These grants are funded by the Australian government’s Higher Education Participation and Partnership Program.
Available to students studying any course at an undergraduate, associate degree or UniLink level.
Eligibility / selection criteria
To be eligible a student must meet all the following criteria:
- On campus local (Australian citizen/Permanent Resident/Permanent humanitarian visa) students who are enrolled in an undergraduate degree or associate degree course of study;
- Full time (exceptional circumstances for studying part-time will be considered);
- Demonstrate a low socio-economic background (e.g. you or your parents are in receipt of or eligible for Centrelink payment);
- Experiencing significant financial hardship and struggling to meet basic living costs.
- The holder of a Low Income Health Care Card or Public Transport Victoria student concession card.
$628. Multiple grants are available.
How to apply
Applications are currently closed and will reopen in February 2018.
Equity Project Officer