Malcolm Styles Local Government Scholarship
Malcolm Styles is a Swinburne engineering graduate who has forged a successful career in local government engineering. The Malcolm Styles Local Government Scholarship aims to support a regional or rural-based (preferably) engineering student studying in a Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) (Professional) with an interest in local government.
Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) (Professional) offered by Swinburne University of Technology.
Eligibility / selection criteria
To be eligible for the Malcolm Styles Local Government Scholarship, applicants must:
- Meet the following criteria:
- Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident, Australian permanent resident with humanitarian visa or New Zealand citizen
- Meet the following enrolment criteria:
- be a commencing Swinburne student in Semester 1, 2021
- enrolled full-time in an eligible course (see courses eligible in section above)
- Provide evidence of relocation from a rural or regional area in order to undertake tertiary study.
- Provide a personal statement (500 words) outlining interest in local government and engineering.
- Provide evidence of leadership qualities and or evidence of extra-curricular service to community (reference letter).
The scholarship is valued at $5000 for one year only.
How to apply
Applications will re-open in August 2021.
All scholarships offered by Swinburne are governed by a set of conditions. Please visit our Scholarship Conditions page for further information.
Scholarships & Orientation, Student Administration and Library Services