Malcolm Styles Local Government Scholarship
Malcolm Styles is a Swinburne engineering graduate who has forged a successful career in local government engineering. The Malcolm Styles Local Government Scholarship aims to support a regional or rural-based (preferably) engineering student studying in a Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) (Professional) with an interest in local government.
Eligibility / selection criteria
To be eligible, applicants must:
- be an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident, New Zealand citizen, Australian permanent humanitarian visa
- be a commencing student studying full-time in the Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) (Professional) degree at Swinburne in Semester 1 in the year the scholarship is awarded
- provide evidence of relocation from a rural or regional area in order to undertake tertiary study.
- provide a personal statement (500 words) outlining interest in local government and engineering.
- provide evidence of leadership qualities and or evidence of extra-curricular service to community (reference letter).
$5,000 for one year, paid bi-annually.
How to apply
Applicants should complete an online application form and submit with all supporting documentation by Sunday 15 March 2020. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
For assistance when completing your application, please view the Scholarship Application Help Guide.
All scholarships offered by Swinburne are governed by a set of conditions. Please visit our Scholarship Conditions page for further information.
Scholarships & Orientation, Student Administration and Library Services