Malcolm Styles Local Government Scholarship
Malcolm Styles is a Swinburne engineering graduate who has forged a successful career in local government engineering. The Malcolm Styles Local Government Scholarship aims to support a regional or rural-based (preferably) engineering student studying in a Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) (Professional) with an interest in local government.
Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) (Professional) offered by Swinburne University of Technology.
Eligibility / selection criteria
To be eligible for the Malcolm Styles Local Government Scholarship, applicants must:
- Meet the following criteria:
- Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident, Australian permanent resident with humanitarian visa or New Zealand citizen
- Meet the following enrolment criteria:
- be a commencing Swinburne student in Semester 1, 2021
- enrolled full-time in an eligible course (see courses eligible in section above)
- Provide evidence of relocation from a rural or regional area in order to undertake tertiary study.
- Provide a personal statement (500 words) outlining interest in local government and engineering.
- Provide evidence of leadership qualities and or evidence of extra-curricular service to community (reference letter).
The scholarship is valued at $5000 for one year only.
How to apply
Applicants should complete an online application form and submit with all supporting documentation by 14 March 2021. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
For assistance when completing your application, please view the Scholarship Application Help Guide.
All scholarships offered by Swinburne are governed by a set of conditions. Please visit our Scholarship Conditions page for further information.
Scholarships & Orientation, Student Administration and Library Services