Malcolm Styles Local Government Scholarship
Malcolm Styles is a Swinburne engineering graduate who has forged a successful career in local government engineering. The Malcolm Styles Local Government Scholarship aims to support a regional or rural-based (preferably) engineering student studying in a Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) (Professional) with an interest in local government.
Eligibility / selection criteria
To be eligible, applicants must:
- be an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident, New Zealand citizen, Australian permanent humanitarian visa
- be a commencing student studying full-time in the Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) (Professional) degree at Swinburne in Semester 1 in the year the scholarship is awarded
- provide evidence of relocation from a rural or regional area in order to undertake tertiary study.
- provide a personal statement (500 words) outlining interest in local government and engineering.
- provide evidence of leadership qualities and or evidence of extra-curricular service to community (reference letter).
$5,000 for one year, paid bi-annually.
How to apply
Applications will re-open in August 2020.
All scholarships offered by Swinburne are governed by a set of conditions. Please visit our Scholarship Conditions page for further information.
Scholarships & Orientation, Student Administration and Library Services