Book voucher grant
This grant entitles you to a voucher of up to $300 to spend on textbooks at the Swinburne Bookshop Co-op. This grant is funded by the Australian Government’s Higher Education Participation and Partnership Program.
Available to students studying any course at an undergraduate, associate degree or UniLink level.
Eligibility / selection criteria
To be eligible you must meet all the following criteria:
- a local on campus student (Australian citizen, permanent resident, permanent humanitarian visa holder/ New Zealand citizen);
- enrolled in an undergraduate degree, associate degree or UniLink level course at Swinburne;
- enrolled full-time (exceptional circumstances for studying part-time will be considered), and actively studying in the course;
- demonstrate that you are from a low socio-economic background (e.g. you or your parents are in receipt of or eligible for Centrelink payments);
- experiencing significant financial hardship and struggling to meet basic living costs.
- maximum one voucher per semester.
Swinburne Online or Open Universities Australia students are not eligible for this grant.
Up to $300.
How to apply
To apply for this grant please email the following documents:
- Confirmation of your enrolment and copy of your current timetable of classes;
- Bank statements for all your bank accounts for the last two months (which list all your transactions);
- Current Centrelink Income Statement outlining what you are receiving for the year (screenshots are not sufficient – this link outlines instructions on how to download your Income Statement https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/online-help/centrelink/request-document-using-your-centrelink-online-account);;
- Pay slips for the last 6 weeks (if you are working);
- Rent agreement or lease;
- A quote from the bookshop outlining what texts you wish to purchase.
Equity Project Officer
firstname.lastname@example.org (there is an underscore ( _ ) between the words equity and grants