Violet Louise Bonner Postgraduate Scholarship for Women
This scholarship was established by Swinburne alumna Kate Brown in memory of her late mother Violet Louise Bonner, this scholarship aims to support female postgraduate students to complete their studies in the sciences, particularly where their research aims to translate into innovative products or processes to assist the community.
A postgraduate on-campus or online degree in any science, engineering and technology disciplines.
Eligibility / selection criteria
To be eligible, applicants must:
- be a female Australian citizen, a New Zealand citizen, an Australian Permanent Resident or a holder of an Australian Permanent Humanitarian Visa.
- have commenced a full time or part time science, engineering or technology postgraduate on campus or online degree within the preceding 12 months.
- provide undergraduate results and/or postgraduate results.
- provide an academic reference from a person qualified to comment on academic studies, such as a subject coordinator, school principal etc.
- provide evidence of financial hardship and/or personal hardship (documents such as a bank statement, salary slip, centerlink statement and/or personal statement).
- provide evidence of community participation for: extra-curricular service to the community and leadership qualities (reference letter).
The scholarship is valued at $3000 for one year
How to apply
Applicants should complete an online application form and submit with all supporting documentation by Friday 31 January 2020. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
For assistance when completing your application, please view the Scholarship Application Help Guide.
All scholarships offered by Swinburne are governed by a set of conditions. Please visit our Scholarship Conditions page for further information.
Scholarships & Orientation, Student Administration and Library Services