Violet Louise Bonner Postgraduate Scholarship for Women
This scholarship was established by Swinburne alumna Kate Brown in memory of her late mother Violet Louise Bonner, this scholarship aims to support female postgraduate students to complete their studies in the sciences, particularly where their research aims to translate into innovative products or processes to assist the community.
Any postgraduate course offered by Swinburne University of Technology in the following disciplines:
This can include Higher Degree by Research students and online students.
Eligibility / selection criteria
To be eligible for the Violet Louise Bonner Postgraduate Scholarship for Women, applicants must:
- Meet the following criteria:
- female student
- Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident, Australian Permanent Resident with Humanitarian visa or New Zealand citizen.
- Meet the following enrolment criteria:
- be a continuing student in Semester 1, 2022
- enrolled full-time or part-time in an eligible course (see courses eligible in section above)
- commenced their course within the preceding 12 months
- Provide an Academic transcript of previous undergraduate and/or postgraduate study.
- Provide evidence of financial hardship and/or personal hardship. Documents such as:
- personal statement
- Centerlink statement
- salary slip
- bank statement
- Provide a written Academic reference from a person qualified to comment on academic studies, such as a subject coordinator or school principal.
- Provide evidence of community participation in extra-curricular service to the community and leadership qualities (eg a reference letter).
The scholarship is valued at $3000 for one year only.
How to apply
Applications are currently closed and will re-open in August 2021.
All scholarships offered by Swinburne are governed by a set of conditions. Please visit our Scholarship Conditions page for further information.
Fees and Scholarships Team, Student Administration and Library Services