The Swinburne Philanthropy and Social Impact Alumni Dr Christopher Baker Memorial Scholarship
The Swinburne Philanthropy and Social Impact Alumni (SPSIA) is a group of past and present students who are passionate about philanthropy and social impact. SPSIA has named this scholarship in honour of the late Dr Christopher Baker to recogise his significant contribution to the community and philanthropy and social investment sector.
SPSIA will provide one $8,000 scholarship to a student currently enrolled in the Master of Social Impact or the Graduate Certificate of Social Impact course intending to articulate to the Master of Social Impact course. The Master of Social Impact arms students with the skills needed to become an agent of social change through a social enterprise or from inside an organisation.
This scholarship is made possible from alumni donations.
Students must be currently enrolled in the Master of Social Impact or the Graduate Certificate of Social Impact with the intention of articulating into the Master of Social Impact - with completion of at least one subject.
The Master of Social Impact is designed for high-performing professionals seeking to build skills and advance their career in the growing field of social impact you work for. Dig deep into the complex social, environmental and economic challenges facing business and society.
Open to part-time and full-time students.
Eligibility / selection criteria
To be eligible for the Swinburne Philanthropy and Social Impact Alumni Dr Christopher Baker Memorial Scholarship, applicants must:
- Meet the following criteria:
- be an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident, Australian Permanent Resident with Humanitarian visa.
- Meet the following enrolment criteria:
- Meet the following criteria and provide evidence
- Work within or leads a social purpose-driven organisation which has a focus on social impact, OR intends to work in the social purpose sector and currently transitioning from another sector.
- Provide a personal statement (500 words) outlining your leadership goals in the sector by providing answers to the following questions:
- how do you expect the Master of Social Impact will support your goals to contribute to the social purpose sector? (250 words)
- what do you hope to achieve with your career in the social impact sector? (250 words) OR
- if you are new to the sector, please tell us about you previous volunteering and/or other efforts that demonstrate the link between your existing/past endeavours and being part of the social purpose sector (250 words)
- Provide an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV).
The scholarship is valued at $8,000 to be paid after census date in semester two, 2022.
How to apply
Applicants must complete an online application form and submit with all supporting documentation by 11:59pm 31 August 2022.
All scholarships offered by Swinburne are governed by a set of conditions. Please visit our Scholarship Conditions page for further information.
Fees and Scholarships Team, Student Administration and Library Services