New Colombo Plan Scholarship
The New Colombo Plan Scholarship is a prestigious Australian Government program that provides opportunities for Australian undergraduate students to undertake a semester of study or an internship or mentorship in participating Indo-Pacific locations. For full details, visit the New Colombo Plan website.
Any bachelor or honours degree.
Eligibility / selection criteria
- be an Australian citizen.
- be enrolled in units at an on-shore campus of an Australian University during the application process.
- be between 18 and 28 years of age (inclusive) on 1 January 2018.
- be undertaking a Bachelor Degree or Bachelor Honours Degree when the Scholarship Program commences.
- have achieved a minimum 70 per cent graded average or equivalent for their undergraduate course at the time of application.
- not be a previous recipient of a New Colombo Plan Scholarship.
Full details of eligibility requirements can be found on the New Colombo Plan website.
The New Colombo Plan Scholarship includes:
- tuition fees to cover the cost of study for up to one academic year (including student service and amenities fees), where scholars are studying as fee-paying international students, up to a maximum of $20,000 ($10,000 per semester or $6,666 per trimester). These fees are payable directly to the Host Institution. The Scholarship will only provide for international tuition fees if no current exchange agreement place is available between the Home University and the Host Institution.
- language training tuition fees, where incurred, of up to $1,500. These fees are only for in-country language training and are payable directly to the language training provider.
- a travel allowance of $2,500 to contribute to costs associated with the Scholar’s travel to and from the Host Location.
- an establishment allowance of $2,500 to contribute to the costs associated with the Scholar settling into their Host Location.
- a monthly stipend of $2,500 to contribute to the Scholar’s basic living costs in their Host Location.
- health and travel insurance for the duration of their overseas Scholarship Program.
- a dedicated case manager for the duration of their Scholarship Program who provides services including pre-departure briefings, advice on health and travel insurance, advice and assistance relating to accommodation, and payment of allowances.
- New Colombo Plan Fellows (the top-ranked scholar in each location) will receive an additional benefit of $1,000 to purchase study materials for use during their Scholarship Program.
Scholarship benefits can be found on the New Colombo Plan website.
How to apply
Details on how to apply for the 2018 scholarship will be available in June 2017.
Swinburne Place West Ground Level
Frederick Street l Hawthorn VIC 3122
+61 3 9214 8094