Joe Manders Scholarship
Part-time students often experience financial disadvantage and experience difficulties in juggling work or family commitments with their study but have limited access to the same level of scholarships available to full time students. The donor, Joe Manders, completed his Accounting course at Swinburne part-time and wanted to provide a scholarship for this cohort in Business.
Any undergraduate Business degree at Swinburne.
Eligibility / selection criteria
To be eligible, applicants must:
- be an Australian Citizen
- be enrolled part-time in a Bachelor of Business course at Swinburne or through Swinburne Online in semester 1, 2020.
- have completed at least 150 credit points towards the completion of their degree
- have achieved a distinction average in their completed units
- provide evidence of
- financial hardship (Centrelink statement, payslips. Bank statements can be used if an explanation is provided in a personal statement), and or
- personal hardship, and or
- primary carer responsibilities.
- provide evidence of community participation for things such as extra-curricular service to the community, sporting abilities and leadership qualities.
The scholarship is valued at $5000.
How to apply
Applicants should complete an online application form and submit with all supporting documentation by Sunday 15 March 2020. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
For assistance when completing your application, please view the Scholarship Application Help Guide.
All scholarships offered by Swinburne are governed by a set of conditions. Please visit our Scholarship Conditions page for further information.
Scholarships & Orientation, Student Administration and Library Services