InfraBuild Steel Scholarship
Infrabuild Steel is part of the GFG Alliance group of businesses and is Australia’s premier manufacturer of long products and leading metals distributor in Australia and New Zealand. The InfraBuild Scholarship Program was established in 2016 to assist students in their second year of study in an eligible engineering or science course at Swinburne University of Technology.
Bachelor of Engineering and Bachelor of Science.
Eligibility / selection criteria
- be an Australian citizen, Australian Permanent Residents or holders of an Australian Permanent Humanitarian visa
- be a current student studying full-time in their second year of study in either a Bachelor of Engineering and Bachelor of Science with majors encompassing:
- Materials or Process/Metallurgy
- have obtained 100 credit points at Swinburne (exemptions not included)
- have achieved a credit average in their first year of study
- Provide two referees with their contact details
- Submit a personal statement addressing:
- a passion for a career in their chosen field of study
- interest in pursuing a career in materials production and manufacturing
- excellent communication, interpersonal and organisational skills
- leadership attributes
- active involvement in their local community
The recipient is highly encouraged to collaborate with InfraBuild Steel in regard to their final year research project (FYRP). The topic of the FYRP should be relevant to Steel manufacturing and agreed by the scholarship recipient, the Faculty and InfraBuild Steel. A final report of the project should be submitted to InfraBuild Steel.
The scholarship is valued at $3,000 per year for the duration of the course, up to a maximum period of three years.
How to apply
Opening date to be confirmed.
All scholarships offered by Swinburne are governed by a set of conditions. Please visit our Scholarship Conditions page for further information.
Scholarships and Orientation, Student Administration and Library Services