InfraBuild Steel Scholarship
Infrabuild Steel is Australia’s largest integrated manufacturer and supplier of steel long products and solutions - including hot rolled structural steel, reinforcing bar and mesh, merchant bar, pipe and RHS rod.
The InfraBuild Steel Scholarship Program was established in 2016 to support process/metallurgy oriented students and electrical and mechanical engineers at Swinburne University of Technology.
Three scholarships are available and include the opportunity for paid vacation work with Infrabuild Steel (Laverton Mill), providing students with an exciting opportunity to work with a leading global company and receive mentorship and practical work experience.
Single or double degree Bachelor of Engineering courses at Swinburne University:
AND studying one of the following majors:
- Electrical and Electronic
- Robotics and Mechatronics
Eligibility / selection criteria
To be eligible for the InfraBuild Steel Scholarship applicants must:
- Meet the following criteria:
- be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident
- Meet the following enrolment criteria:
- be a second year Swinburne student in 2023
- enrolled full-time in an eligible course (see courses eligible in section above)
- have obtained 100 credit points at Swinburne (exemptions not included)
- have achieved a credit average in their first year of study
- Short video (no more than 2 minutes) addressing the following points:
- a passion for a career in your chosen field of study
- interest in pursuing a career in materials production and manufacturing
- The video should be uploaded to cloud based storage and a link provided. Please ensure the file can be downloaded by anyone and provide any passwords if necessary.
- Provide evidence of at least one of the following attributes:
- leadership qualities
- active involvement in the local community
- excellent communication, interpersonal and organisational skills
- Provide one written referee report outlining your suitability for the scholarship:
- can be supplied by a community leader, lecturer, tutor or employer
The recipient is highly encouraged to collaborate with InfraBuild Steel in regard to their final year research project (FYRP). The topic of the FYRP should be relevant to Steel manufacturing and agreed by the scholarship recipient, the School and InfraBuild Steel. A final report of the project should be submitted to InfraBuild Steel.
The scholarship is valued at $5,000 per year, for up to three years. Three (3) scholarships are available.
Recipients will have the opportunity to apply for paid vacation work with Infrabuild Steel at the Laverton Mill.
How to apply
Applicants should complete an online application form and submit with all supporting documentation by 31 August 2023.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. For assistance when completing your application, please view the Scholarship Application Help Guide.
All scholarships offered by Swinburne are governed by a set of conditions. Please visit our Scholarship Conditions page for further information.
Fees and Scholarships Team, Student Administration and Library Services