Sheila Fitzgerald Scholarship
The Sheila Fitzgerald scholarship is offered to enable a student to pursue a vocational foundation or an apprenticeship program, consistent with Sheila’s deeply held commitment to accessible, high-quality vocational education.
Apprenticeship and pre-apprenticeship courses in the following areas as listed on Swinburne's course search:
- apprenticeship and pre-apprenticeship courses:
- engineering (mechanical and fabrication)
- spoken and written English
- general education for adults
- English as an Additional Language (EAL) (Access)
- EAL (Further Study)
Eligibility / selection criteria
To be eligible, applicants must:
- be an Australian citizen, an Australian permanent resident or holder of an Australian permanent humanitarian visa
- be a current student studying full-time in a vocational education foundation or apprenticeship program at Swinburne in 2020
- provide evidence of financial need or socio-economic disadvantage. Disadvantage(s) may include:
- financial difficulty or low-socio economic status (Centrelink statement, payslips. Bank statements can be used if an explanation is provided in a personal statement)
- disability or medical condition
- delay or interruption to career or studies because of family responsibilities or illness
- relocation from a rural or regional area in order to undertake tertiary study
- English as a second language
- identification as an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander
- demonstrate passion for the chosen field of study and long term plans and benefits of the scholarship (in a personal statement of not more than 500 words)
This scholarship is valued at $2,000.
How to apply
Applicants must complete an online application form and submit with all supporting documentation by Friday, 6 March 2020.
For assistance when completing your application, please view the Scholarship Application Help Guide.
All scholarships offered by Swinburne are governed by a set of conditions. Please visit our Scholarship Conditions page for further information.
Scholarships & Orientation, Student Administration and Library Services