Sheila Fitzgerald Scholarship
The Sheila Fitzgerald scholarship is offered to enable a student to pursue a vocational foundation or an apprenticeship program, consistent with Sheila’s deeply held commitment to accessible, high-quality vocational education.
Apprenticeship and pre-apprenticeship courses in the following areas as listed on Swinburne's course search:
- apprenticeship and pre-apprenticeship courses:
- engineering (mechanical and fabrication)
- spoken and written English
- general education for adults
- English as an Additional Language (EAL) (Access)
- EAL (Further Study)
Eligibility / selection criteria
To be eligible, applicants must:
- be an Australian citizen, an Australian permanent resident or holder of an Australian permanent humanitarian visa
- be a current student studying full-time in a vocational education foundation or apprenticeship program at Swinburne in 2020
- provide evidence of financial need or socio-economic disadvantage. Disadvantage(s) may include:
- financial difficulty or low-socio economic status (Centrelink statement, payslips. Bank statements can be used if an explanation is provided in a personal statement)
- disability or medical condition
- delay or interruption to career or studies because of family responsibilities or illness
- relocation from a rural or regional area in order to undertake tertiary study
- English as a second language
- identification as an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander
- demonstrate passion for the chosen field of study and long term plans and benefits of the scholarship (in a personal statement of not more than 500 words)
This scholarship is valued at $2,000.
How to apply
Applicants must complete an online application form and submit with all supporting documentation by Sunday, 15 March 2020.
For assistance when completing your application, please view the Scholarship Application Help Guide.
All scholarships offered by Swinburne are governed by a set of conditions. Please visit our Scholarship Conditions page for further information.
Scholarships & Orientation, Student Administration and Library Services