World Bank Robert S McNamara Fellowships
Established in 1982 to honour a former President of the World Bank, the fellowships are funded by contributions from the World Bank and the governments of Bangladesh, China, India, Kuwait, Nigeria, Pakistan, Peru, and former Yugoslavia.
The fellowship provides for a candidate to travel to a World Bank member country to conduct development-related PhD research.
Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)
Eligibility / selection criteria
- Resident of a World Bank member developing country
- Not a dual citizen of a developed country
- Currently enrolled in a PhD program in a World Bank member country
- Be 35 years of younger
- Commitment to return home at the end of the fellowship
- Further eligibility requirements are detailed in the application guidelines
Up to US $25,000 for a six-month period between July and December 2015.