Research Training Program Stipend - RTPS
Research Training Program Stipend (RTPS) Scholarships are awarded to students of exceptional research potential, enrolled in a Higher Degree by Research (HDR) course of study, to assist with general living costs.
These scholarships are available to both future and current students enrolled in or applying for a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) or Professional Doctorate course at Swinburne.
You must be currently enrolled in, or applying for;
- Doctor of Philosophy (Business)
- Doctor of Philosophy (Design)
- Doctor of Philosophy (Clinical Psychology)
- Doctor of Philosophy (Science)
- Doctor of Philosophy (Information and Communication Technology)
- Doctor of Philosophy (Information Systems)
- Doctor of Philosophy (Business - Practice Based Research)
- Doctor of Philosophy (Engineering)
- Doctor of Philosophy (Humanities, Arts and Social Sciences)
- Doctor of Philosophy (Clinical and Forensic Psychology)
- Doctor of Philosophy (Health Sciences)
- Doctor of Philosophy (Technology Innovation)
- Doctor of Philosophy (Law)
- Doctor of Philosophy (Practice Based)
You must meet candidature requirements as set out in their proposed program. Please refer to the website for details.
Eligibility / selection criteria
Eligibility criteria, according to the Commonwealth Scholarship Guidelines (Research) 2017 are detailed in the RTPS Conditions of Award (attached below).
Applications are currently being considered from applicants who:
- meet the entry requirements for a PhD or Professional Doctorate at Swinburne;
- hold a Bachelor Degree with First Class Honours (or equivalent);
- are a domestic student (Australian or New Zealand citizen, or Australian permanent resident).
Applicants should ensure that they meet one of the following criteria:
- are a prospective PhD or Professional Doctorate candidate OR
- are currently enrolled in a Swinburne PhD or Professional Doctorate for less than two years as at 31 October 2018 OR
- have received an offer for candidature for a Swinburne PhD or Professional Doctorate and have not yet enrolled.
- Annual stipend $27,082 (indexed) - 2018 rate
- RTP Allowances (relocation allowance and thesis allowance) as outlined in the RTPS Conditions of Award (below)
How to apply
The 2018 RTPS Scholarship Round is OPEN and closes on 31 October 2018. Your application must be submitted by no later than 5:00pm (AEST) on Wednesday 31 October in order for you to be considered for an RTPS Scholarship in this round. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
The outcome of the scholarship round will be announced within the first two weeks of December 2018.
Information on how to apply is as follows:
Please follow the step-by-step application process.
Request for your supervisor to complete the End User Research Engagment (EURE) Statement to support your application.
Current students (including those who have already received an offer for candidature but have not yet enrolled):
- RTPS Conditions of Award [PDF 321KB]
- Stipend rates 2018 [PDF 117KB]
- RTP Scholarship Policy [PDF 408KB]
- End User Research Engagement (EURE) Statement [PDF 513KB]
Specific Information for Clinical & Forensic Psychology applicants
Students wishing to apply for the RTPS scholarship are required to submit Swinburne's referee reports as part of their application. In addition please note that students are also required to have their referees submit additional referee reports for the Psychology progam via the online system: https://www.psychologyreference.org/