Access Scholarship for Students who are Care Leavers from Australian State or Foster Care
All Access Scholarships are partly funded by the Federal Department of Education’s Higher Education Participation Programme (HEPPP). HEPPP aims to ensure that Australians from low SES backgrounds who have the ability to study at university get the opportunity to do so. Students offered this scholarship may undertake any undergraduate degree course at Swinburne.
Any undergraduate course offered by Swinburne University of Technology.
Eligibility / selection criteria
To be eligible for the Access Scholarship for Students who are Care Leavers from Australian State or Foster Care, applicants must:
- Meet the following criteria:
- Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or holder of a permanent humanitarian visa
- Meet the following enrolment criteria:
- be a commencing or continuing Swinburne student in Semester 1, 2021
- enrolled full-time in an eligible course (see courses eligible in section above)
- Be care leavers from Australian State or Foster Care
- Provide evidence of financial hardship and low-socio economic status
Please note: Previous recipients of any type of Swinburne University ACCESS (Equity) Scholarship are not eligible to apply for any other Swinburne University ACCESS (Equity) Scholarship.
This scholarship is valued at $5,000 for one year only to assist with study costs.
How to apply
Applications are closed and will re-open with the 2022 VTAC round.
See the VTAC scholarships page for more information and advice.
All scholarships offered by Swinburne are governed by a set of conditions. Please visit our Scholarship Conditions page for further information.
Scholarships & Orientation, Student Administration and Library Services