Australian Federation of Air Pilots and Australian Air Pilots Mutual Benefit Fund (AFAP & AAPMBF) Sc
The Australian Federation of Air Pilots (AFAP) and the Australian Air Pilots Mutual Benefit Fund (AAPMBF) have a proud history of supporting aviation education through a university scholarship program in co-operation with a number of academic aviation institutions in Australia. Together AFAP and AAPMBF have extended this program to Swinburne University of Technology by offering annual scholarships to assist aviation students in their pursuit of becoming a professional pilot.
Single or double aviation undergraduate degrees.
Eligibility / selection criteria
To be eligible, applicants must:
- be an Australian citizen, an Australian permanent resident or holder of a permanent humanitarian visa
- be a current student studying full-time in Bachelor of Aviation or Bachelor of Aviation/Bachelor of Business courses with concurrent active enrolment in the Graduate Certificate of Aviation (Piloting) course at Swinburne
- be in the second or third year of their degree in Semester 1, 2020
- have completed at least 8 units and achieved a minimum of a credit average in their course
- submit a personal statement of no more than 500 words addressing how receiving this scholarship will impact your life and your career aspirations in the aviation industry, as well as:
- Social responsibility through engagement in community and/or industry activities;
- Your interest and commitment to becoming a pilot and your career objectives
- Personal attributes such as persistence, assertiveness, and problem solving etc.
The applicant’s academic student history, flying training history including lesson reports and instructor’s comments and observations will also be considered.
Previous recipients of this scholarship are not eligible to apply.
Two scholarships are available. One for second year and one for third year level of degree, each valued at $3,000 for one year.
The successful applicants will also receive complimentary membership to the Australian Federation of Pilots and access to their mentoring program.
How to apply
Applications are closed.
For assistance when completing your application, please view the Scholarship Application Help Guide.
All scholarships offered by Swinburne are governed by a set of conditions. Please visit our Scholarship Conditions page for further information.
Fees and Scholarships Team, Student Administration and Library Services