Apollo Fund - First in Family Scholarship
The First in the Family Scholarship is awarded to commencing business students who will be the first in their family to attend university and who has experienced disadvantage.
Rural and regional students are encouraged to apply.
Business undergraduate degree, or an undergraduate double degree that includes a Business degree
Eligibility / selection criteria
To be eligible, applicants must:
- be an Australian citizen or an Australian permanent resident
- be a commencing first year student studying full-time in an on‑campus single or double Business undergraduate degree at Swinburne in Semester 1 in the year the scholarship is awarded.
- provide evidence of being the first in their family to attend university (statutory declaration)
- have no previous university qualifications.
- provide evidence of financial hardship and/or personal hardship (documents such as a bank statement, salary slips, Centerlink statement and/or personal statement)
- provide two referee reports outlining the applicant’s suitability for the Scholarship:
- an academic reference - from a person qualified to comment on academic studies, preferably a subject coordinator from the applicant’s secondary school and/or a school principal. And
- a character reference - from a current or past employer or a person competent to supply a character reference.
- provide evidence of community participation for things such as extra-curricular service to the community, sporting abilities and leadership qualities (reference letter)
- provide ATAR certificate or academic transcript for previous study.
The scholarship is valued at $7500 per year, for a period of three years. The total value of the scholarship is $22,500.
How to apply
Applications will re-open Monday, 1 October 2018.
Scholarships & Prizes