Apollo Fund - First in Family Scholarship
The First in the Family Scholarship is awarded to commencing business students who will be the first in their family to attend university and who has experienced disadvantage.
Rural and regional students are encouraged to apply.
Single or double undergraduate course offered by Swinburne University of Technology in Business
Eligibility / selection criteria
To be eligible for the Apollo Fund - First in Family Scholarship, applicants must:
- Meet the following criteria:
- be an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident, Australian Permanent Resident with Humanitarian visa or New Zealand citizen.
- Meet the following enrolment criteria:
- be a commencing Swinburne student in Semester 1, 2021
- enrolled full-time in an eligible course (see courses eligible in section above)
- studying on-campus
- Meet the following criteria and provide evidence (via a statutory declaration):
- the first in their family to attend university
- have no previous university qualifications
- Provide a personal statement (500 words) addressing financial hardship and/or personal hardship and provide supporting evidence such as:
- bank statement
- salary slips
- centerlink statement
- Provide ATAR certificate or academic transcript of previous study
- Provide two referee reports outlining the applicant’s suitability for the scholarship:
- an academic reference - from a person qualified to comment on academic studies, such as a subject coordinator, school principal, etc;
- a character reference - from a person competent to supply a character reference such as current or past employer.
The scholarship is valued at $7500 per year, for a period of three years. The total value of the scholarship is $22,500.
How to apply
Applications will re-open in August 2020.
All scholarships offered by Swinburne are governed by a set of conditions. Please visit our Scholarship Conditions page for further information.
Scholarships & Orientation, Student Administration and Library Services