Apollo Fund - First in Family Scholarship
The First in the Family Scholarship is awarded to commencing business students who will be the first in their family to attend university and who has experienced disadvantage.
Rural and regional students are encouraged to apply.
Business undergraduate degree, or an undergraduate double degree that includes a Business degree
Eligibility / selection criteria
To be eligible, applicants must:
- be an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident, Australian Permanent Resident with Humanitarian visa or New Zealand citizen.
- be a commencing first year student studying full-time in an on‑campus single or double business undergraduate degree at Swinburne in Semester 1, 2020.
- provide evidence of being the first in their family to attend university (statutory declaration)
- have no previous university qualifications.
- provide evidence of financial hardship and or personal hardship (documents such as a bank statement, salary slips, Centerlink statement and or personal statement)
- provide two referee reports outlining the applicant’s suitability for the scholarship:
- an academic reference - from a person qualified to comment on academic studies, such as a subject coordinator, school principal, etc;
- a character reference - from a person competent to supply a character reference such as current or past employer.
- provide evidence of community participation for things such as extra-curricular service to the community, sporting abilities and leadership qualities.
- provide ATAR certificate or academic transcript of previous study.
The scholarship is valued at $7500 per year, for a period of three years. The total value of the scholarship is $22,500.
How to apply
Applications will re-open in August 2020.
All scholarships offered by Swinburne are governed by a set of conditions. Please visit our Scholarship Conditions page for further information.
Scholarships & Orientation, Student Administration and Library Services