Rotary Club of Camberwell: Community Service Awards
The Rotary Club of Camberwell will recognise two individuals with links to Swinburne for their exemplary community service, personal volunteer efforts, and active involvement in helping others, with the Rotary Club of Camberwell Community Service Award.
Award nominees must be one of the following:
- Current Swinburne student
- Current Swinburne staff member (academic or general) at the time of nomination
Nominees may be:
- nominated by a third party OR;
Eligibility / selection criteria
Nominations should address each selection criteria and demonstrate the extent to which the nominee’s contribution has:
- helped others beyond what might otherwise be expected of an individual in terms of their work or personal life, and
- been sustained over time.
NOTE: You may be asked to provide further details and/or evidence to support your nomination.
The selection panel will assess your nomination in relation to their demonstrable use of their current employment or area of study to provide:
- Demonstration of exemplary community service, in any form and at any level;
- Personal volunteer efforts;
- Active involvement in helping others; and
- Any other community service demonstrating ‘Service Above Self’;
The selection panel will comprise of one Swinburne student, a Swinburne staff representative and the Rotary of Camberwell Chair of Vocational Service Committee.
- The selection panel will convene to review nominations and provide their recommendation to the Rotary Club of Camberwell President.
Each winner of the award will receive a monetary award to the amount of $2500.
The winner’s name/s may be published in Swinburne University of Technology and Rotary Club social media, newsletters and publications.
How to apply
Nominations are now open until 5pm Friday 20 November 2020.
The applicant (person submitting the nomination) must complete the online application form, ensuring to address the selection criteria of the Award.
Please direct enquiries to;