- One Semester
On-campus unit delivery combines face-to-face and digital learning.
2024 teaching periods
Higher Ed. Semester 1
Last self enrolment:
Last withdraw without fail:
Aims and objectives
This unit of study aims to cover the skills and knowledge required to holistically optimise information flows using Industry 4.0 software tools. The student will learn to research and use various technologies which include modelling software, PLM, augmented reality/virtual reality software.
Unit Learning Outcomes (ULO)
Students who successfully complete this unit will be able to:
1. Use modelling software to research, analyse and classify the current state (Lean and Industry 4.0 maturity) and identify fields of action.
2. Manage and optimise information flows from ideation to disposal using PLM.
3. Create digital twin using predictive analysis.
4. Create augmented/Virtual reality based tool to perform an Engineering task.
5. Create mobile app to monitor and control an Engineering system.
6. Develop and manage strategies to implement, collaborate, plan and roadmap an engineering system using Industry 4.0 business models.