- One Semester or equivalent
- 24 hours face to face + Blended
On-campus unit delivery combines face-to-face and digital learning.
2022 teaching periods
Higher Ed. Semester 2
Last self enrolment:
Last withdraw without fail:
Prerequisites100 credit points
Aims and objectives
This unit provides problem-centred learning underpinned by ethical issues and dilemma. This approach has been described as wicked problems with students challenged to develop wicked solutions. Enterprises increasingly involve teams of experts from diverse backgrounds and decision-making needs to deal with ever more complex and evolving situations and demands on management in this digital era where so much information and opinion are instantly available. The unit culminates with a day session in a simulator using technology, actors and reviews to assess the students as a real-life situation evolves.
Students who successfully complete this unit will be able to:
1. Apply advanced and coherent knowledge of the managerial framework for leading people effectively
2. Apply problem solving, design and decision making processes to realistic ethical dilemmas and demonstrate the strategic use of individual and team-based communications to achieve these objectives
3. Critically evaluate the fundamentals of people management to effectively manage the organisations human resources
4. Work collaboratively in groups to address ethical dilemmas to reach effective solutions