- One Semester or TermFrom 2016 this subject is replaced by COM10007, Pro
- 36 hours
On-campus unit delivery combines face-to-face and digital learning.
Aims and objectivesTo equip students with the oral and written communication skills they require to compete in the contemporary marketplace through an exploration of both the theoretical and practical dimensions of modern communications, with an emphasis on developing the skills needed to deal with a wide variety of different communications environments. The content is designed to cater to students from all disciplines and provide them with techniques they can employ throughout their educational and professional careers.
After completing this unit of study students are expected to understand how to communicate effectively at a professional level..
Students are expected to develop skills in:
- Advanced reading and writing, including essay wring
- Analytical and critical thinking
- Using the internet for communication, learning and research
- Undertaking research, both in the library and on the internet
- Communicating their findings clearly and effectively
Courses with unitThis unit is no longer offeredPrior to 2014, this unit was known as HAC113 Professional Communications Practice.