- Study at Swinburne > Find a course > Diploma of Quality Auditing
Diploma of Quality Auditing
This course is delivered in fast-track mode for working professionals
This is a nationally approved vocational course that is recognised throughout Australia.
In this nationally recognised qualification students will learn to participate in, initiate, lead on and report on a quality audit. To facilitate continuous improvement, to prepare and deliver a presentation on your finding and to communicate in an influential way during a group setting.
The Lead Auditor program is recognised by Exemplar Global. Attendees who successfully complete this course will receive a 12 months of an Exemplar Global Graduate Certification to boost their professional recognition and the option to apply for certification with the internationally recognised body as Provisional QMS/QMS Auditor (based on experience) or provisional OHS Auditor/OHS Auditor (based on experience)
Unlike other training providers, at Swinburne Edge we believe in the holistic development of each person and therefore our qualifications have been structured to not only provide the technical skills required but also to develop the leadership and management capabilities of each person relevant to the level of study that they are engaged in.
Please call our Continuing Professonal Education Advisor team on 1800 633 560.
6 - 8 months (starting monthly)View dates on timetable
Our Live Online delivery
Our Live Online delivery is a dynamic, engaging and interactive way to learn remotely. It’s just like face to face but with the added benefits of digital technology. Your facilitator will present in real-time, and you will be able to participate in group discussions and collaborate on exercises and group activities using our interactive platforms.
Find out more about what we offer >>
- Course delivery, learning objectives and benefits.
This course is delivered in workshop Clusters. The participants complete 12 units of competency delivered across 4 clusters.
For further information speak to one of our Customer Development Advisors on 1800 633 560.
Cluster 1: Lead Auditor
Cluster 2: Lead and Report in a WHS Environment
Cluster 3: Compliance Frameworks
Cluster 4: Communication in the Workplace
Due to our training partnership, Swinburne Edge offers the Diploma of Quality Auditing as a recognised course with Exemplar Global. For further details, please refer to the 'benefits' section below.
Blended delivery (Face-to-face and Live Online)
Some workshops in this program are delivered face-to-face at the Hawthorn (Melbourne) campus while the rest are delivered Live Online. See details of the delivery.
Cluster 1: Lead Auditor:
Day1 and Day 2 - Face to Face Delivery at Hawthorn Campus.
Day 3, Day 4 and Day 5 - Live Online
Cluster 2: WHS Incident Investigation and Risk Management - all workshops are delivered Live Online
Cluster 3: Compliance Frameworks - all workshops are delivered Live Online
Cluster 4: Communication in the Workplace - all workshops are delivered Live Online
All clusters have an assessment that needs to be completed in 6 weeks after the completion of the cluster.
The lead auditor cluster will have a series of assessment activities conducted within the training room during the face-to-face delivery and then required to complete the knowledge questions as part of the overall assessment which is due 6 weeks after the workshop.
This course (or units from it) can be tailored to industry delivery within the workplace for groups of eight or more students. Students may enrol in the course at any stage during the year. Students have the chance to select from a range of dates for elective units to determine the duration of their course.
Students will learn the skills and knowledge required to:
- prepare for and participate in a quality audit as a member of a quality audit team
- initiate and organise a quality audit with an auditee
- lead an audit team as it runs a quality audit
- report on the outcomes of a quality audit and to take appropriate follow up action
- lead and report in a WHS environment
- lead and manage continuous improvement systems and processes
- work within compliance framework and interpret compliance requirements
- prepare, deliver and review a presentation to a target audience
- manage a range of meetings including overseeing the meeting preparation processes, chairing meetings, organising the minutes and reporting meeting outcomes
- present and negotiate persuasively, lead and participate in meetings and make presentations to customers, clients and others.
Exemplar Global Certification
The Diploma of Quality Auditing is recognised by Exemplar Global. The Diploma of Quality Auditing is recognised by Exemplar Global, a globally recognised body that has provided certification and credential management for people seeking professional recognition for 25 years.
Individuals who successfully complete the course will receive a personalised self-coaching report that details their strengths and areas for professional improvement, and 12 months of an Exemplar Global and SUT Graduate Certification to boost their professional recognition.
Beyond certification, Exemplar Global offers access to:
- Ongoing learning opportunities via a comprehensive online careers centre
- A range of events and webinars
- Exemplar Global’s online magazine
- Low-cost liability insurance for members
- An exclusive social community
Participants gain access to an exclusive LinkedIn community to interact with other graduates and industry professionals to facilitate networking opportunities and skill sharing.
- All of our classes are delivered by facilitators who are industry experts in the areas they deliver. Each trainer brings contemporary knowledge and real life industry examples to the training room which enhances the learning experience for the student.
- Access to our team of Customer Development Advisors who can recommend the right course for your development needs and further study options - to book an appointment call 1800 633 560.
- Access to our Customer Experience Team who support the student from enrolment through to graduation.
- Participant course training manual
- Convenient Hawthorn, Melbourne location
- New Live Online delivery allows you to do the course from anywhere in the country
- Live online delivery is available Australia wide including Adelaide, Brisbane, Canberra, Darwin, Melbourne, Perth, Sydney, Tasmania.
- Fees for 2023.
Diploma of Quality Auditing
Estimated course fees for 2023*
|Price for the program||$5,600|
How do I pay my fees?
Find out more about VET Student Loans.
Employer sponsored training
Many organisations are more than willing to help employees build on their skills and knowledge through professional development opportunities. In some circumstances, employers may be able to assist you in your professional development by sponsoring all or part of your fees.
The following documents can assist you with this process:
Find out more about fees.
How to enter this course
- Entry requirements, credit transfer and recognition of prior learning.
There are no entry requirements for this qualification.
Credit is granted in recognition of previous study and allows students to gain advanced standing towards their course. Applicants are assessed on a case-by-case basis. Learn more about credit.
Recognition of Prior Learning
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) allows students to gain credit (advanced standing) towards their course in recognition of skills and knowledge gained through work experience, life experience and/or formal training. Applicants are assessed on a case-by-case basis. Learn more about RPL.
Enquire and enrol
- How to enquire and enrol in this course.
Register your interest
To register your interest and request an application form or to submit an enquiry, please fill in your details below and press submit. Alternatively, you can call us on 1800 633 560, or email us at email@example.com with the relevant information.
Arrangements can be made for group bookings.
- Timetables, course brochures and further information.
2022 Diploma of Quality Auditing - Timetable
Download this schedule planner as part of your registration
2023 Diploma of Quality Auditing - Timetable
Download this timetable planner as part of your registration.
Quarterly Course Calendar Australia - Next Quarter
Timetables for this and all other short courses for the next quarter.
Find out more
Make an enquiry
Make an enquiry
To register your interest and request an application form or to submit an enquiry, please fill in your details below and press submit.
Training Organisation Identifier (TOID): 3059