Successful completion of the Bachelor of Circus Arts requires students to complete units of study to the value of 300 credit points. All units of study are valued at 12.5 credit points unless otherwise stated.
View course rules and special requirements
Course learning outcomes
Graduates of the Bachelor of Circus Arts will be able to:
- demonstrate skills and knowledge of the practices, languages, forms, materials, technologies and techniques in contemporary and traditional circus arts
- apply relevant skills and knowledge to produce and realise diverse and interdisciplinary circus performances
- present elite performances in contemporary circus arts practice
- develop, research and evaluate ideas, concepts and processes through creative, critical and reflective thinking and practice
- work independently and collaboratively in the contemporary circus arts discipline in response to project demands
- interpret, communicate and present ideas, problems and arguments in modes suited to a range of audiences
- recognise and reflect on social, cultural and ethical issues, and apply local and international perspectives to practice in the contemporary circus industry.
Formal training in circus skills opens up exciting opportunities for a future career. Graduates are highly employable, knowledgeable and creative. They have found careers nationally and internationally. NICA training can lead to work in contemporary circus, traditional circus, social circus, stunt work, corporate entertainment, festivals, teaching and other sectors of the arts industry. New companies are emerging as NICA graduates find their place in Australia’s cultural landscape.
The National Institute of Circus Arts is recognised both nationally and internationally as a centre for excellence in training. NICA is a current member of the Arts8 - The national elite performing arts training organisations.
NICA is accredited as a full member of the Fédération Européenne des Écoles de Cirque Professionnelles (Federation of European Professional Circus Schools). NICA is the South East Asian training partner for Cirque du Soleil and has strategic alliances and training partnerships with: Nanjing Acrobatic Troupe, Shanghai Circus School, Belfast Community Circus and Taiwan National Academy of Performing Arts.