Successful completion of the program can lead to a wide range of career opportunities, including corporate finance, treasury management, banking, investment banking, financial planning and funds management.
The Master of Finance and Banking (Advanced) is designed to provide students with design-led problem solving skills, industry-based work experience and pathways for specialised doctoral research in finance and banking.
The Master of Finance and Banking (Advanced) incorporates units on research methodology and techniques as well as two units of a finance/banking research project which will deliver the skills and knowledge to undertake an industry-based, design-led research. This pathway is geared for students wanting to progress to a PhD or Professional doctorate with the goal of achieving employment in higher education, financial analysis and banking research.
This postgraduate program provides a unique opportunity for students to gain specialised finance and banking knowledge through research.
This course develops pathways for membership and programs of Financial Planning Association (FPA), Finance and Treasury Association (FTA) and Financial Services Institute of Australasia (FINSIA). This course also provides for further learning to pursue global professional credentials such as the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) program and charter.
At completion of the Master of Finance and Banking (Advanced), graduates will be able to:
1. Apply coherent and advanced knowledge of finance and banking concepts in diverse contexts and applications using critical thinking.
2. Apply problem solving, design and decision making methodologies to identify and provide innovative solutions to complex problems with intellectual independence.
3. Communicate proficiently in professional practice to a variety of audiences, function as an effective member or leader of a diverse team, and use advanced tools and practices of finance and banking within project work.
4. Demonstrate professionalism, integrity, ethical conduct, professional accountability and a deep awareness of professional practices in a global and sustainable context.
5. Apply finance and banking fundamentals to the analysis, design and operation of a business model using appropriate finance and banking methods and tools, applied in a variety of contexts.
6. Apply knowledge of research principles and methods to plan and execute a piece of research with some independence as preparation for research higher degree.
7. Reflect on and take responsibility for their own learning and self-management processes, and manage their own time and processes effectively by regularly reviewing performance as a means of managing continuing professional development and lifelong learning.