Master of Business (Research)
Every international student application is considered for a scholarship
Whether you’re living in Australia or overseas, you’re automatically considered for a scholarship of up to 30% off your course fees. Please check our updated entry requirements.
Hawthorn (January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December)
A$35400 (annual for 2023)*
The indicative course fees shown in Course Search apply to international students for the relevant year only. They are based on a standard study load per year. However, please note that fees are assessed according to a student's study load in each semester, and variation to study load will result in an adjustment to tuition fees. All fees are subject to annual review and may be adjusted.
Course information in detail
- Course detail and course structure.
This program is suited to applicants who:
- Are interested in a career in research
- Have a genuine passion for research of a particular field
- Have a naturally inquiring mind and a desire to know more
- Are interested in undertaking a PhD program in the future
- Wish to gain an internationally recognised qualification
- Want to enhance their research education and/or employment opportunities
International students in Australia who hold student visas are required to study full-time and on campus. Courses that are taught entirely online are only available to international students studying outside Australia or those in Australia who are not on a student visa. Online courses are not available to international students in Australia who hold a student visa.
Throughout your candidature you will receive guidance and support from your research supervisors. You will also have the opportunity to participate in a number of research training sessions on topics such as thesis writing, publishing and presenting.
Careers and graduate outcomes
- Course aims and objectives.
Aims and objectives
Pathways and scholarships
Course fees and requirements
- Fees, entry requirements and English language requirements.
A prerequisite for many courses, the Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic) can now be done on campus in Hawthorn at Room 132, Building TD. Book now or call +61 3 9214 3584 for more information.
English language requirements
International applicants must provide evidence of one of the following:
- minimum IELTS overall band of 6.5 (Academic Module) with no individual band below 6.0 or a TOEFL iBT (internet-based) minimum score of 79 (with a reading band no less than 18 and writing band no less than 20); or Pearson (PTE) 58 (no communicative skills less than 50) no longer than 24 months before submitting your application
- satisfactory completion of Swinburne’s English for Academic Purposes (EAP 5 Advanced level) with overall 70%, all skills 65%
- successful completion of a total of 24 months (full time equivalent) of formal study where the language of instruction and assessment was English at AQF level 7 or above (or equivalent) at an approved university no longer than 60 months before submitting your application.
How to apply
Find out more
Tel: +61 3 9214 5412