Master of Arts (Research)
2 years full-time or 4 years part-time
Hawthorn (January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December)
Course information in detail
- Course detail and course structure.
This program is suited to applicants who:
- are interested in a career in research
- have a genuine passion for research of a particular field
- have a naturally inquiring mind and a desire to know more
- are interested in undertaking a PhD program in the future
- wish to gain an internationally recognised qualification
- want to enhance their research education and/or employment opportunities.
Research areas include: Education, Politics and History, Philosophy, Media and Communications, Sociology, Languages (Chinese, Japanese, Italian), Indigenous Studies, Film and Television, Animation, Urban Economics, Urban Sociology, Human Geography, Demography, Social Policy and Urban Planning.
Find out more about research areas and expertise within the Faculty of Health, Arts and Design.
Throughout your candidature you will receive guidance and support from your research supervisors. You will also have the opportunity to participate in a number of research training sessions on topics such as thesis writing, publishing and presenting.
Careers and graduate outcomes
- Course aims and objectives and graduate skills.
Aims and objectives
- Plan, conduct and complete a research project or program
- Understand relevant techniques in the field demonstrated both by your comprehensive review of the literature and by your research processes
- Access and interpret key data in relevant fields
- Present outcomes clearly and logically using relevant media
- Independent thinking
- Decision-making skills
- Good judgement
- Logical thought, rationality
- Communication skills
- Project management skills
- Data analysis
- Problem solving
- Critical thinking
Pathways and scholarships
Course fees and requirements
- Fees, entry requirements and non-year 12 entry.
If you are not granted a government subsidised place, the full course fee will apply. Check your eligibility now.
You must have completed a three-year bachelor degree at AQF level 7 (or equivalent) with a minimum average of 65% in the final year units of study. Other relevant experience will also be taken into account in assessing your application.