Graduate Certificate of Business Administration
Blended learning – on-campus and digital learning
The Graduate Certificate of Business Administration is a must if you want foundational knowledge and skills to boost your career prospects or launch into further tertiary study with a Swinburne MBA.
The Graduate Certificate focuses on entrepreneurship both outside and within existing organisations. This includes honing your financial planning, decision-making, strategic marketing, operations management and leadership knowledge and skills.
The only constant is change, so the Graduate Certificate aims to develop your ability to embrace and deal with uncertainty and turbulence in your work environments.
The four foundation subjects are:
- Business Information Systems
- Management Analysis and Problem Solving
- Business Sustainability and Social Impact
- Future Management Skills
Every international student application is considered for a scholarship
Whether you’re living in Australia or overseas, you’re automatically considered for a scholarship of up to 30% off your course fees. Please check our updated entry requirements.
Hawthorn (Semester 1, Semester 2) - View application and start dates
A$20100 (total for 2023)*
The indicative course fees shown in Course Search apply to international students for the relevant year only. They are based on a standard study load per year. However, please note that fees are assessed according to a student's study load in each semester, and variation to study load will result in an adjustment to tuition fees. All fees are subject to annual review and may be adjusted.
Professionally accredited by
Course information in detail
- Course detail, course structure and units of study.
The Graduate Certificate of Business Administration forms the first stage in a nested suite of programs consisting of:
- Graduate Certificate of Business Administration (GC-BUSADM4)
- Graduate Diploma of Business Administration (GD-BUSADM4) ^
- Master of Business Administration (MA-BUSADM5)
International students in Australia who hold student visas are required to study full-time and on campus. Courses that are taught entirely online are only available to international students studying outside Australia or those in Australia who are not on a student visa. Online courses are not available to international students in Australia who hold a student visa.
Maximum Academic Credit
The maximum level of credit that can be granted for the Graduate Certificate of Business Administration is 25 credit points (normally two units)
Units of study
Students select all four units as listed below:
Careers and graduate outcomes
- Career opportunities and course aims and objectives.
The Swinburne MBA prepares students to successfully improve and manage their careers while leading and managing enterprises in a complex, global and competitive environment.
Aims and objectives
- apply advanced knowledge of business concepts in diverse contexts and applications using critical thinking
- apply problem solving, design and decision-making methodologies to identify and provide innovative solutions to complex problems with intellectual independence
- communicate proficiently in professional practice to a variety of audiences, function as an effective member or leader of a diverse team, and use the basic tools and practices of business within project work
- demonstrate professionalism, integrity, ethical conduct, professional accountability and an awareness of professional practices in a global and sustainable context
- apply business fundamentals to the analysis, design and operation of a model using appropriate business methods and tools.
Pathways and scholarships
Course fees and requirements
- Fees, entry requirements and English language requirements.
A prerequisite for many courses, the Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic) can now be done on campus in Hawthorn at Room 132, Building TD. Book now or call +61 3 9214 3584 for more information.
A recognised bachelor degree in a related discipline or
A recognised bachelor degree in any discipline PLUS a minimum of two years equivalent full-time relevant professional experience* or
**Students entering under this admission requirement will be given full credit for the units completed.
English language requirements
Satisfactory completion of one of the following:
- IELTS overall band of 6.5 (Academic Module) with no individual band below 6.0
- Swinburne’s English for Academic Purposes (EAP 5 Advanced level) with overall 70%, all skills 65%
- Or equivalent measures available at English language requirements.
How to apply
Find out more
Tel: +613 9214 8444 (outside Australia)
Free call: 1300 794 628 (within Australia)