Graduate Certificate of Business Administration (Executive)
Blended learning – on-campus and digital learning
Please Note: This course will not be taking applications for 2023.
You will learn through a range of methods, including, industry connections, practical projects and traditional assignments.
The four core subjects are:
- Accounting Information and Managerial Decision Making
- Opportunity Discovery, Creativity and Design
- Strategic and Entrepreneurial Marketing
You may choose to graduate with the Executive Certificate. Alternatively, you may use it as the first part of a journey on to the Master of Business Administration or the double degree that includes the Master of Entrepreneurship and Innovation.
Every international student application is considered for a scholarship
Whether you’re living in Australia or overseas, you’re automatically considered for a scholarship of up to 30% off your course fees. Please check our updated entry requirements.
A$21100 (total for 2023)*
The indicative course fees shown in Course Search apply to international students for the relevant year only. They are based on a standard study load per year. However, please note that fees are assessed according to a student's study load in each semester, and variation to study load will result in an adjustment to tuition fees. All fees are subject to annual review and may be adjusted.
Professionally accredited by
Be an innovator
Undertake this course and you’ll be joining other change-makers at Swinburne’s Australian Graduate School of Entrepreneurship – the first dedicated entrepreneurship school in the nation. One of our unique AGSE offerings, this course will give you the mindset of edge.
“Entrepreneurship,” says AGSE Director, Alex Kaiser (pictured), “is about questioning the status-quo, identifying opportunities, making decisions and implementing ideas. Concisely, it’s about having impact.”
Course information in detail
- Course detail, course structure and units of study.
The Graduate Certificate of Business Administration (Executive) is for people looking to build skills as a business manager and leader. The course challenges different thinking with an emphasis on creativity and design, emphasises leadership and develops core capabilities in using information for decision making and strategic marketing. The Graduate Certificate of Business Administration (Executive) is a pathway to a Master of Business Administration (Executive).
The Graduate Certificate of Business Administration (Executive) forms the first stage in a nested suite of programs consisting of:
- Graduate Certificate of Business Administration (Executive) (GC-BAEX)
- Graduate Diploma of Business Administration (Executive) (GD-BAEX) ^
- Master of Business Administration (Executive) (MA-BAEX)
This course is for working professionals. That’s why we offer it in Intensive Mode. It’s an efficient and faster way to complete a postgraduate qualification with minimal impact on your professional and personal life. Units (subjects) are either delivered after work hours or on Fridays or Saturdays, and run throughout the year in six week teaching periods instead of the usual 12 week semesters. This means you can complete more units and graduate faster, or take breaks when you need to.
International students in Australia who hold student visas are required to study full-time and on campus. Courses that are taught entirely online are only available to international students studying outside Australia or those in Australia who are not on a student visa. Online courses are not available to international students in Australia who hold a student visa.
To qualify for the award of Graduate Certificate of Business Administration (Executive) students must complete 50 credit points comprising:
- 4 core units of study (50 credit points)
Maximum Academic Credit
The maximum level of credit that can be granted for the Graduate Certificate of Business Administration (Executive) is 25 credit points (normally two units).
Units of study
Want to know more about the units that make up your course, how many units you need to complete, our recommended study sequence, and what your timetable looks like this year? Check out our Course Planner and get enrolled.
* Outcome units - matched exemptions are generally not granted for Higher Education outcome units.
Careers and graduate outcomes
- Career opportunities and course aims and objectives.
Aims and objectives
At completion of the Graduate Certificate of Business Administration (Executive), graduates should be able to:
- apply coherent and advanced knowledge of business concepts in diverse contexts and applications using critical thinking
- apply problem solving, design and decision-making methodologies to identify and provide innovative solutions to complex problems with intellectual independence
- communicate proficiently in professional practice to a variety of audiences, function as an effective member or leader of a team, and use the basic tools and practices of business within project works
- demonstrate professionalism, integrity, ethical conduct, professional accountability and an awareness of professional practices in a global and sustainable context
- apply business fundamentals to the analysis, design and operation of a model using appropriate business methods and tools
- reflect on and take responsibility for their own learning and self-management processes.
Pathways and scholarships
Course fees and requirements
- Fees, entry requirements and English language requirements.
A prerequisite for many courses, the Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic) can now be done on campus in Hawthorn at Room 132, Building TD. Book now or call +61 3 9214 3584 for more information.
A recognised bachelor degree in any discipline PLUS a minimum of three years equivalent full-time relevant managerial experience* or
English language requirements
Satisfactory completion of one of the following:
- IELTS overall band of 6.5 (Academic Module) with no individual band below 6.0
- Swinburne’s English for Academic Purposes (EAP 5 Advanced level) with overall 70%, all skills 65%
- Or equivalent measures available at English language requirements.
How to apply
Find out more
Tel: +613 9214 8444 (outside Australia)
Freecall: 1300 794 628 (within Australia)