Graduate Certificate in Learning and Teaching (Higher Education)
One year part-time
Online (Semester 1, Semester 2) - View application and start dates
2023 Start Dates
2024 Start Dates
The course really was the groundbreaker and the greatest motivator to explore and investigate ways to improve my teaching.
Dr Sabina Sestigiani
Lecturer in Italian Studies and 2017 AAUT (Australian Awards for University Teaching) Citation Award Winner for Teaching Excellence
Course information in detail
- Course detail, course structure and units of study.
Winner of the 2018 Vice-Chancellor's Teaching Excellence (Higher Education) Team Award
Swinburne's prestigious teaching award goes to this innovative, high impact course that transforms learning in higher education.
Please note - This course does not lead to teacher registration.
Units of study
EDU60056 Foundations of Learning and Teaching
Careers and graduate outcomes
- Career opportunities, course aims and objectives and professional recognition.
Aims and objectives
- Evaluate pedagogical models and frameworks and their applications in designing for learning within the context of diverse student cohorts and global environments
- Design and facilitate learning environments, inclusive of activities and assessment tasks, that support and enhance learning
- Apply a scholarly and reflective approach to enhancing practice, effecting evidence-informed change, and being a member of a community of practitioners and scholars
- Design, develop, and deliver curriculum in on-campus, blended, and fully-online modes
Pathways and scholarships
- Credit transfer and recognition of prior learning.
Course fees and requirements
- Entry requirements and non-year 12 entry.
|2023 rate*||Estimated total cost of the course||Estimated cost of the course per year if studying full-time*||Annual Amenities fee if studying full-time*|
||$10,200||$10,200||See how your SSAF is calculated|
How do I pay my fees?
FEE-HELP is a loan given to eligible full-fee paying higher education students to help pay part or all of their tuition fees. The Commonwealth Government pays the amount of the loan directly to Swinburne.
How to apply
Find out more
Learning Transformations Unit
Tel: 03 9214 8064