Dr Jason Pallant
PhD (Marketing), Monash University, Australia; Honours degree of Bachelor of Commerce, Monash University, Australia; Bachelor of Commerce, Monash University, Australia; Bachelor of Arts , Monash University, Australia
Jason is an applied researcher in the areas of consumer journey and decision making, multi-media, and evolving behaviour. His academic research has been published in a variety of outlets including Journal of Interactive Marketing, Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services and the Australasian Journal of Information Systems, and received the ANZMAC Doctoral Colloquium Best Paper award in 2015.
Jason has extensive consulting experience, having previously worked as Associate Director (Research) at the Australian Consumer, Retail, and Services (ACRS) research unit, and as a Research Consultant at Forethought Research. Jason’s previous role included grant applications, research design, data analysis and interpretation and delivery of research findings for Category 3 research grants totalling over $2.4 million.
Jason has experience teaching a range of marketing units at both undergraduate and postgraduate level, including a number of units taught as flipped classrooms and has been recognized for his teaching excellence. He currently convenes Data Empowered Marketing as part of the Masters of Marketing.
Marketing; Retail; Consumers; shopping
Fields of Research
- Marketing - 350600
Also published as: Pallant, Jason; Pallant, J. I.; Pallant, Jason I.; Pallant, Jason Ian
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, you can update your publications using our online form.
- 2021-01-07: A very Covid Christmas - Inside Retail
- 2020-12-07: “We’re for everyone”: How Havaianas is embracing diversity and inclusion - Inside Retail
- 2020-11-12: The key to a great Christmas? Nailing the last mile - Inside Retail
- 2020-10-30: Melbourne makes up for lost time - The Australian
- 2020-10-29: Here’s why Coles’ CEO is optimistic about Christmas trading - Inside Retail
- 2020-10-15: Will the global furniture boom continue into 2021? - Inside Retail
- 2020-09-22: David Jones: Retail flags footprint cut, possible store closures - News.com.au
- 2020-09-21: Aldi under pressure as Coles bumps pay - Inside Retail
- 2020-09-15: Where's my Waitrose? Why swanky supermarkets are rare in Australia - The Guardian
- 2020-09-09: What could Amazon partnership mean for Myer? Look to the US - Inside Retail
- 2020-08-24: Coles reports positive sales but remains cautious - Inside Retail
- 2020-08-24: Coles: Supermarket rolling out three store formats - News.com.au
- 2020-08-05: Restrictions smash Melbourne retail as Australia grapples with COVID and recession - ABC Radio National
- 2020-08-04: How Melbourne retail went dark - Inside Retail
- 2020-08-04: How Melbourne’s retail shutdown will impact e-commerce - Inside Retail
- 2020-07-09: Navigating the move to online retail - Brews News
- 2020-07-09: Solomon Lew’s Premier Investments to shut Melbourne shops, stop rent payments - The Australian
- 2020-05-27: The fall of Target follows a worrying trend - 2SER
- 2020-05-24: ANALYSIS: Target’s decline is part of a deeper trend - AdNews
- 2020-05-18: Supermarkets: An unlikely love story - Inside Retail
There are no media images to display