Distinguished Professor Jo Barraket
University Distinguished Professor Jo Barraket is a pioneering researcher in social enterprise and social innovation in Australia. Her work spans questions of public policy, organisational hybridity and social change. She leads CSI Swinburne, which is the largest social economy research centre in the world.
Professor Barraket’s work contributes to policy development and practice in social investment, social procurement, and social enterprise development. Based on her expertise in these areas, she has been national expert adviser to the OECD on two projects related to the social economy and socio-economic participation.
Professor Barraket has authored more than 70 publications and led more than $9.5 million of grant funded and commissioned research, including national competitive grants funded by the Australian Research Council and projects funded by corporate and private philanthropy, and state and local governments. In her previous position as Associate Professor, she led the social enterprise and innovation research program at QUT Business School.
Politics; Sociology; Social Enterprise; Third Sector and Public Policy; Social Innovation; Social Entrepreneurship; Cooperatives and Mutuals; Nonprofit Management; Organisation Behaviour; Management
Fields of Research
- Business Systems In Context - 350300
- Policy And Administration - 440700
Also published as: Barraket, Jo; Barraket, J.; Barraket, Josephine
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, you can update your publications using our online form.
- 2019-11-08: Social Impact: Jo Barraket - Humans of Purpose Podcast Series
- 2019-10-13: Australian Digital Inclusion Index measures citizen’s online participation - Open Gov
- 2019-09-18: Shepparton focus on internet - Shepparton News
- 2019-09-18: Tasmania places last in latest digital inclusion index - The Examiner
- 2019-08-26: The ripple effect of job creation - Pro Bono News
- 2019-08-08: Social Enterprise Report examines impacts of employment creation on disadvantage - Mirage News
- 2019-08-07: Social Enterprise Report examines impacts of employment creation on disadvantage - National Disability Services
- 2019-08-06: Social enterprise helping vulnerable Aussies find meaningful work - Pro Bono News
- 2019-08-02: HOW SOCIAL ENTERPRISES ARE CREATING JOBS AND WHAT STILL NEEDS TO BE DONE - F&P News
- 2019-08-01: Report highlights untapped potential of social enterprise in creating jobs - Third Sector Magazine
- 2019-07-01: Power List: Meet Jo Barraket - Pinstripe Media
- 2018-10-11: Resilient Refugees Find Freedom with Australian Food Business - Thomson Reuters Foundation
- 2018-08-29: Community Groups That Help the Environment While Feeding the Soul - Life Matters, Radio National
- 2018-07-19: Doing Good With Your Dollar - Choice Magazine
- 2018-06-13: Values drive value - Inside FMCG
- 2018-05-25: NSW Government boosts Aboriginal procurement - Government News
- 2018-04-30: Small business: the social influencers - The Age
- 2018-04-03: Volunteering in Australia’s Social Enterprise Sector - Pro Bono News
- 2018-03-08: Social enterprises bridging the economic gap - Unisuper
- 2018-03-06: What you need to know to help social enterprise thrive and achieve positive social change - Impact Boom
There are no media images to display