Dr Belinda Barnet
PhD, UNSW, Australia
- Faculty of Health, Arts & Design
- School of Arts, Social Sciences and Humanities
- Department of Media and Communication
Dr Belinda Barnet is Senior Lecturer in Media at Swinburne with research interests in digital cultures, social media, the app economy, data analytics, AI, data privacy, cyberstalking, and the history of digital media. She welcomes applications from prospective students working on topics in social media and digital media.
Her current projects include examining the role of automation in speech rehabilitation in order to improve the use of Cochlear Implants in deaf children, and investigating Shadow Data.
Alongside her research work, Dr Barnet has worked as Service Delivery Manager (Wireless Content Services) for Ericsson Australia. She is the author of "Memory Machines: the Evolution of Hypertext" (Anthem Press UK, 2013). She convenes the Social Media Major at Swinburne.
Scientific Computing and Visualisation; Digital Media, Film and Television; mobile media; social media
Fields of Research
- Film, Television And Digital Media - 190200
- Communication And Media Studies - 200100
Also published as: Barnet, Belinda; Barnet, B.
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, you can update your publications using our online form.
- 2019-01-16: Sharing Your Netflix? Here's Why You Should be Worried - The New Daily
- 2019-01-15: Signing Off Messages With 'X' Isn't Flirting - Ten Daily
- 2018-11-13: The deadline for My Health Record has been extended - Yahoo Finance
- 2018-10-18: ‘Creepy’: Here’s why your phone could be listening to your conversations - The New Daily
- 2018-10-05: Virgin Australia launches Alexa voice recognition check-in service - The New Daily
- 2018-09-21: Folks Are Mad The Govt Promised $4.5B For Private Schools And $0 For Public - Pedestrian TV
- 2018-09-17: Users Like Facebook Despite Privacy Issues - SBS News
- 2018-08-03: How Apple became world’s first trillion-dollar company - The New Daily
- 2018-07-20: Errors and incompetence': Australians split over government's opt-out digital health records - The Age
- 2018-04-10: Facebook data: how to protect your personal information - The Sunday Times
- 2018-04-09: How to stop haemorrhaging your data on Facebook - TechCentral
- 2018-04-05: Facebook data leak: Australia’s privacy commissioner to investigate - The West Australian
- 2018-03-23: Guy mansplains the internet to web inventor Sir Tim-Berners Lee and gets hilariously called out - The Sun (UK)
- 2018-02-26: Indignación en Nueva Zelanda por una entrevista "sexista" a su primera ministra - HuffPost
- 2018-02-26: Jacinda Ardern 'creepy' 60 Minutes interview sparks anger - BBC World News (UK)
- 2018-01-09: News Segment: Apple Asked to Limit Screen Time For Children - SBS World News 6:30pm
- 2017-12-03: SMS is jarig – 25 jaar geleden werd het eerste bericht gestuurd - Business Insider
- 2017-11-06: Turnbull backflips on Cotizenship Issue - Junkee
- 2017-11-06: YouTube: Trump causa polémica por su forma de alimentar peces - El Comercio
- 2017-11-03: OMG! Text Messaging Turns 25 - The Age & SMH
There are no media images to display