We encourage high-quality candidates to apply for research programs with the Centre for Forensic Behavioural Science. Our staff supervise research students completing Doctor of Psychology (Clinical and Forensic Psychology), Doctor of Psychology (Clinical Psychology), and Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) programs.
You should consider the research priorities of the research centre to ensure your interests align with existing research themes or broader research projects. We also encourage students who wish to approach novel areas, but you should discuss this with your potential supervisor.
Apply for a PhD
To apply for supervision by our staff, you must proceed through a two-step selection process:
- Candidates must submit a Statement of Intent to Brett McIvor by 30 September (to start in February if successful)
- After considering candidates’ research interests and supervisors’ availability, we will encourage successful candidates to formally apply to Swinburne for further consideration for enrolment in a PhD.
Note: the above date may change depending on the scholarship submission process. Please consult with research centre staff for confirmation.
We strongly encourage you to contact potential supervisors and discuss your research interests before the Statement of Intent deadline. All applications must adhere to these deadlines, regardless of whether you are also applying for a scholarship.
The Centre for Forensic Behavioural Science Statement of Intent process does not replace Swinburne’s Expression of Interest (EOI) process for scholarship applications.
Statement of Intent
Your Statement of Intent must include:
- Your details (title, name, citizenship, country of residence, email, intent to apply for a scholarship)
- Research details (program you are likely to apply for, research area(s) of interest, brief summary of potential research idea [300-400 words], previous research experiences and publications)
- Three potential supervisors ranked in order of preference (primary supervisor must be a Centre for Forensic Behavioural Science staff member)
- Qualifications (qualification, year granted, results achieved, awarding institution, language of study).
Please email your Statement of Intent to Brett McIvor at email@example.com.