Swinburne students finalists in Victorian International Education Awards
- Maria Victoria Gonzalez, Yuliana Sari, Huong Dang and Wesa Chau have been named finalists in the Victorian International Education Awards.
- The winners will be announced in November
Four Swinburne students are among 28 international students named as finalists in the 2016 Victorian International Education Awards.
The awards recognise and celebrate the outstanding achievements of Victoria’s 175,000 international students as well as the education providers that support them.
The finalists were nominated across seven different categories including two that are new this year, ‘International Student of the Year – Regional’ and ‘International Alumnus of the Year’.
The student finalists from Swinburne are:
- Maria Victoria Gonzalez – (Argentina), International Student of the Year – English Language Training finalist, who studies English for Academic Purposes at Swinburne.
- Yuliana Sari – (Indonesia) International Student of the Year – Higher Education finalist, who studies Bachelor of Information and Communication Technology at Swinburne.
- Huong Dang – (Vietnam) International Alumnus of the Year finalist, who studied Master of Entrepreneurship and Innovation at Swinburne.
- Wesa Chau –Victorian Student of the Year – Internationalisation finalist, who is a PhD candidate at Swinburne.
The overall winners of International Student Awards, with the exception of the International Alumnus of the Year, will receive up to $10,000 to be contributed towards their studies in Victoria.
The winners will be announced at an official ceremony at Government House in November.
International Education is Victoria’s largest services based export, generating $5.8 billion for the local economy and supporting more than 30,000 jobs throughout the state.
Media enquiries0455 502 999