Swinburne ranks in world's top 200 universities for science
- ARWU lists Swinburne in the top 200 institutions in science
- Subject field of science includes Natural Sciences and Mathematics
For the first time, Swinburne has ranked in the top 200 institutions in the world in science, rated by the Academic Ranking of World Universities by Broad Subject Fields (ARWU-FIELD).
This ranking positions Swinburne in the top ten universities in Australia, and the top three universities in Victoria.
Swinburne’s internationally recognised research is reflected in recent significant achievements:
- The successful bid for an ARC Centre of Excellence for Gravitational Wave Discovery to be led by Swinburne.
- Participation on two other successful bids: the ARC Centre of Excellence for All Sky Astrophysics in 3 Dimensions and the ARC Centre of Excellence for Future Low Energy Electronics Technologies.
- The ARWU subject rankings also place Swinburne’s Civil Engineering in the top 75 in the world and Physics in the top 100 in the world.
The university’s recent research highlights are featured in the Swinburne Research Impact magazine published in collaboration with Nature Research.
About ARWU Broad Subject Fields
The ARWU’s subject field of science includes Natural Sciences and Mathematics.
Since 2007, ARWU-FIELD has produced annual rankings of the world’s top 200 universities in five broad subject fields, including Natural Sciences and Mathematics, Engineering, Technology and Computer Sciences, Life and Agriculture Sciences, Clinical Medicine and Pharmacy, and Social Sciences.
The ARWU-FIELD list considers institutions with Nobel Laureates, Fields Medals, or Highly-Cited Researchers.
Media enquiries0455 502 999