Media and Communications in Vietnam
Engage with international media industries and dive deep into the cultures that surround them in this two-week program.
- Destination/s: Vietnam
- Dates: 19 June - 7 July, 2023
- Cost: A$2,500 + airfares
- Funding available: A$3,000 NCP Mobility Grants and OS HELP Loans available for eligible students
- Eligible students: Undergraduate
- Application deadline: 31 March, 2023
- Register your interest
Study tour overview
This Study Tour provides an opportunity for Media and Communications students to engage with international media industries and the cultures that surround them. Media and Communication is one of the fastest evolving industries in the world today, and nowhere is this more apparent than in Vietnam, where innovation is occurring at breathtaking speed and scale. The tour is designed cater to students from all disciplines within Media and Communication, and will allow you to approach the tour from your own particular disciplinary perspective.
Highlights / tentative itinerary
The program has been developed around two key themes, which will give you an unparalleled insight into how media and communication is developing in Vietnam:
- Media Industries: You will visit key companies across a broad range of media and communication fields, and be given an opportunity to engage with industry leaders around your particular areas of interest. Proposed industry visits include Advertising, Marketing and Brand Management, News, Social Media, Publishing. (Final list will be tailored to suit the cohort that applies).
- Media Cultures: You will connect with local Vietnamese students through Swinburne’s partner institutions and explore similarities and differences in media production and consumption habits.
Additional proposed cultural visits will be planned to sites such as Notre Dame Cathedral, The Reunification Palace, Ben Thanh Market, Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum, The Old Quarter, Ngoc Son Temple.
Which unit/s can this program be taken for as credit?
Can this unit be taken as an elective by students in any Swinburne degree?
Eligibility and selection criteria
You must have completed 50 Credit Points in Media and Communication units at the time of application. In the case of an enrolment cap, students will be selected on the basis of their GPA and the information contained in their application materials.
Program cost includes:
- Accommodation (share)
- Ground transport
- Welcome and farewell dinner
- Cultural visits
- Industry visits
- Travel insurance (subject to eligibility)
Additional expenses to consider (not included in program cost):
- International airfares
- Some meals
- Tuition Fees
*Program cost is approximate at the time of being listed online.
The following types of funding are available to help eligible students with the costs towards this program:
- OS Help Loan of up to $8,817 (as at 2023)
- Limited New Colombo Plan scholarships valued at $3,000 AUD
Information sessions will be running in March. Please register your interest to find out more.
Still not sure?
For further details on this program please contact:
Dr Mark Finn
+61 9214 5254
Interested in studying abroad?
Our friendly and well-travelled Swinburne Abroad team can help answer any questions about our overseas study programs.