Visit leading manufacturing companies to learn more about trends in engineering design and take part in a series of immersive workshops and cultural events.
- Locations: Stuttgart, Ingolstadt and Munich – Germany
- Eligible students: Undergraduate Engineering students
- Cost: A$4,250 – $5,600 approx.
- Unit code: EAT20008 Professional Experience in Engineering (0 credit points) or MFP20001 International Sustainability Project
This study tour is focused on manufacturing in Germany. Visits and experiences will include industrial sites, universities and cultural events.
Industrial and academic site visits include:
- Daimler (Mercedes-Benz group)
- Stuttgart Media University
- Porsche Stuttgart (harnessing the power of IoT to drive business growth)
- Dreer & Sommer
- Audi Zentrum Ingolstadt
- Procusini (food 4.0: revolutionizing the experience through robotics )
- KUKA Robotics
- BMW (driving machine at the BMW Museum)
- TU Munich entrepreneurial labs (Munich's high-tech startup scene)
Cultural events include:
- Full-day trip to Hohenzollern Castle and Tübingen
- Virtual reality group game
- Frankenstein tour of Ingolstadt
- Munich Garden
- Neuschwanstein Castle
Neuschwanstein Castle, Germany.
This tour will be an extremely informative and useful experience for Engineering students. It will focus on manufacturing in Germany and is packed with visits, workshops (arranged by leading companies in the field) and cultural events.
You’ll be exposed to trends in engineering design and manufacturing processes with the visits to leading companies and partner universities. The tour will enable you to establish an ongoing professional network, plan placement or an academic exchange for the future.
You’ll also attend a series of workshops covering topics such as “industry 4.0 implementation in Germany” and “manufacturing innovation in the 21st century.” This study tour is available as credit for six weeks of experience towards EAT20008 for eligible students.
Which unit/s can this program be taken for as credit?
- MFP20001: International Sustainability Project
- EAT20008 Professional Experience in Engineering (0 credit points if eligible)
Can this unit be taken as an elective by students in any Swinburne degree?
Eligibility and selection criteria
All undergraduate Engineering students are eligible but priority will be given to students who have not completed EAT20008. Students in third and fourth years will have priority over other years. Students with higher GPA will also have priority.